Fordmods Logo

turning back k's 

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

i have swapped betwwen a few clusters and like never changed the odo BUT the cog is rooted so if it did i hgaven't noticed

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
BYO kneeling pad.....

and close your eyes... :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XR6 Manual

VIC, Australia

comhelp wrote:
ok then, how do u um *change* the number? i would also like to know this as i will be getting a COMPLETE engine rebuild in the next year or so, as well as new diff, gearbox, etc. so basically it IS gonna be a new engine/car

when you sell the car and the roadworthy gets done if the car has less K's on it than when the last roadworth got done you are in deeeeeeep s**t. If you bought the car new then i say go for it

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Falcon Classic

WA, Australia

dillza_69 wrote:
comhelp wrote:
ok then, how do u um *change* the number? i would also like to know this as i will be getting a COMPLETE engine rebuild in the next year or so, as well as new diff, gearbox, etc. so basically it IS gonna be a new engine/car

when you sell the car and the roadworthy gets done if the car has less K's on it than when the last roadworth got done you are in deeeeeeep s**t. If you bought the car new then i say go for it

yeah of course, its probably wise to keep it higher than the old one, or at least change the reading back when you sell the car and have changed the cluster. thats what i did.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

shannonwulff wrote:
dillza_69 wrote:
comhelp wrote:

yeah of course, its probably wise to keep it higher than the old one, or at least change the reading back when you sell the car and have changed the cluster. thats what i did.

shannonwulff, in your middle pic in your gallery, how did you change the odo reading to blue?

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

go to the techinical documents section, its in the EF/EL part. called the "red lcd mod" or something like that

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:54 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia

Power: 104 rwkw

WA, Australia

Laximah wrote:
uglybob wrote:
why do people ask these questions? your car has done the km's, so deal with it. you wouldn't want to buy a car which has the km's wound back - so don't do it yourself!

amen!

I would be asking this question because of the fact that my odo is reading 250thou over what the engine has done

but i would just get people telling me to get a different dash <_<

Im still tossing up whether i want to ditch the digi-dash of the EA Fairy and go a sports dash out of an s-pak or something or keep it for the full "fairmont" effect

Dont ban high performance cars...Ban low performance drivers

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Falcon Classic

WA, Australia

nicco wrote:
go to the techinical documents section, its in the EF/EL part. called the "red lcd mod" or something like that

like that :)

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I wonder what's going to happen when i rock up for rego with my Hz panel van. I've had a set of 2nd hand gauges rebuilt, and the speed now reads 000,000.0 since i've not yet driven the car at all. When i bought it, it was a rolling shell. Been doing a full ground up rebuild. I have no way of knowing what milage was on it when i bought it, there was no speedo in the car!

Sounds like i'm going to have fun @ vic roads!

Oh yeah, i've seen my Torana click over from 99,999.9 twice since owing it. Was on 96,xxx.x when i first bought it. Real world milage is about 350k acc to service records on the old girl. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen when i rock up for rego with my Hz panel van. I've had a set of 2nd hand gauges rebuilt, and the speed now reads 000,000.0 since i've not yet driven the car at all. When i bought it, it was a rolling shell. Been doing a full ground up rebuild. I have no way of knowing what milage was on it when i bought it, there was no speedo in the car!

Sounds like i'm going to have fun @ vic roads!

Oh yeah, i've seen my Torana click over from 99,999.9 twice since owing it. Was on 96,xxx.x when i first bought it. Real world milage is about 350k acc to service records on the old girl. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

vicroads wont give a s**t because ive never listed the k's and there isnt a box on any of the forms to put the info in....its not something that concerns them and shy would it? there job is to register cars not investigate fraud...

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

VIC, Australia

yes it can be done. This information is not openly shared as it is a serious offence to do such a thing. An instrument maker is capable of doing so and charges approx $80 to wind back to whatever K's you wish .

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5