Vacume Leak 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Vacume Leak
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

TAS, Australia

took my car out to a nice quite area and let the engine run. with the stereo off and all the windows wound up, i could here a quite "pssshh" sound inside the car. Also, after I leave the car off for a few days and I run the ventilation air only come's out of the demist vents at the bottom of the wind screen

how do you locate vacume leaks?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

QLD, Australia

I just noticed the same thing today with my ED, there is no way will select anything other then fresh air an window demist

Post subject: ???
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1990 EA Spac

NSW, Australia

This is normal when the system has no vacuum.
Check all vac lines under the bonnet then look behing the glove box, as there a a host of coloured tubes for the vac system. There is als a vac tank behind the drivers side wing behind the protective plate. U can let the engine run and with a piece of garden hose with one end to your ear and probe around with the other end and listen to where the hissing is the loudest. This puts u in the ball park. From there depends where the noise is coming from. If u have just finished doing something to ur car think if u have left a hose off.

Drive safe, arrive alive

EA Spak EL dash and interior, thermo's,BBM, EF head and cam, superlows,

Post subject: Re: ???
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

falconea wrote:
This is normal when the system has no vacuum.
Check all vac lines under the bonnet then look behing the glove box, as there a a host of coloured tubes for the vac system. There is als a vac tank behind the drivers side wing behind the protective plate. U can let the engine run and with a piece of garden hose with one end to your ear and probe around with the other end and listen to where the hissing is the loudest. This puts u in the ball park. From there depends where the noise is coming from. If u have just finished doing something to ur car think if u have left a hose off.

i recently pulled the dash out to replace my heater fan. The hissing noise is coming from inside the car around the glove box area, does this mean the leak is inside the car as well?

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Post subject: ??
Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Take out the glove box and look for the block of multi coloured pipes. Make sure this is pushed in tightly to the socket and that no pipes have been pulled out or broken. All ur vacuum comes in via here and goes to the heater controls on the dash and the vac solenoids. I would say thats where the prob is. U would not b the first to have forgotten to plug it back in

Drive safe, arrive alive

Post subject: Re: ??
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

falconea wrote:
Take out the glove box and look for the block of multi coloured pipes. Make sure this is pushed in tightly to the socket and that no pipes have been pulled out or broken. All ur vacuum comes in via here and goes to the heater controls on the dash and the vac solenoids. I would say thats where the prob is. U would not b the first to have forgotten to plug it back in

ok, pulled out the glove box and surrounding plastic s**t off and found a loose black hose, but the thing is, i don't know where it goes. It doesn't look as if its mean't to be connected to that black box, as all the hoses connecting to the box look ok. I'll post up a pic later.

keep in mind this car has Climate Control

^^^ What He Said

Post subject: ??
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK I will wait for the pics.

Drive safe, arrive alive

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

got the pics, how do you upload them?

^^^ What He Said

Post subject: ?
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Email them to clive45@bigpond.com

Drive safe, arrive alive

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

email sent!

^^^ What He Said

Post subject: ?
Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Email sent

Drive safe, arrive alive

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

In 1997 when I knew Sweet FA about these cars, I tried to find problems with my mates NA Fairlane's air-con. Only blowing coolish air, not cold at all. Probably only needed regassing. But I took the panel off the passenger side and found the block with the colored hoses. I unplugged them and plugged them back in. The air output then shifted to the windscreen only and blew only hot air. The unit wouldn't respond to any function from then on, and this was in the middle of summer, he and I, were not impressed, I felt like a real tool.

Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Kit wrote:
In 1997 when I knew Sweet FA about these cars, I tried to find problems with my mates NA Fairlane's air-con. Only blowing coolish air, not cold at all. Probably only needed regassing. But I took the panel off the passenger side and found the block with the colored hoses. I unplugged them and plugged them back in. The air output then shifted to the windscreen only and blew only hot air. The unit wouldn't respond to any function from then on, and this was in the middle of summer, he and I, were not impressed, I felt like a real tool.

well as long as you plugged them back into the the right holes, it shouldn't have made any difference

^^^ What He Said

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

fordzatmyplace wrote:
Kit wrote:

well as long as you plugged them back into the the right holes, it shouldn't have made any difference

Yeah I couldn't work out what was going on.

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey all, I have fixed my problem as earlier discribed.

I pulled appart the dash to find any air leak but nothing. So I decided to look under the bonnet and found a black hose sitting there not attached to anything. After some careful looking and playing about I found where it went.

In the intake manafold at te firewall end there is 3 attachments coming off it, the middle one there is a rubber boot where that black hose fits into. After pressing it back in my air vents work normally.

I have attached a pic, but with all the hoses it is not the bes.

Hope this helps

Attachments:
000_0189.jpg
000_0189.jpg [ 43.02 KiB | Viewed 163 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next