Fordmods Logo

VE Commodore quality control issues 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 48

Posts: 2537

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Yeah your right. The plastic center console lid. The shroud at the base of the handbrake can come away making a gap. Door handles on front doors creaking after a while. Disappointing little things.
On the plus side, I love how nicely the doors close on the BA/BF. Especially the front doors, I hope they stay that way even after 70,000 km's though.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3505

Joined: 1st May 2005

Ride: EB Fairmont

Location: Northern Suburbs, Adelaide
SA, Australia

Kit wrote:
Yeah your right. The plastic center console lid. The shroud at the base of the handbrake can come away making a gap. Door handles on front doors creaking after a while. Disappointing little things.
On the plus side, I love how nicely the doors close on the BA/BF. Especially the front doors, I hope they stay that way even after 70,000 km's though.


On my parents BA thats done around 60,000 km they close very solidly. Very nice.

 

_________________

Doin it for Scotty.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 4146

Joined: 7th Dec 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Wish I could do something about my front doors, heavy, sagging bastards that they are. While the rear doors are absolutely trouble free! Grrr.

 

_________________

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:01 am 
Fordmods Addict
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 2245

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA XR6T

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Wish I could do something about my front doors, heavy, sagging bastards that they are. While the rear doors are absolutely trouble free! Grrr.


try playing around with the striker/hinges

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
I think they got the appearance of the BA/BF interior done very well, but as previously stated, it's the finish, and poor quality plastics used (and build quality in some instances), that really let it down.

Yeah thats exactly what i meant. It looks good in pictures etc, but its so cheap and nasty in the flesh. Territorys even have a hard plastic dashboard :?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2983

Joined: 15th Apr 2006

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

Location: Aberfoyle Park
SA, Australia

Dad was supposed to replace his VY with a VE but someone got the sack so he gets a VZ. I would have loved to test drive the VE and compare it to dads VY.

IU hoped in one of the VE's at the adelaide show. I can tell you i was not very impressed. IMO the dash is a mix between a astra and the VY/Z and a touch of face lift (common holden treatment).

The center console was very tacky and crap.

Body wise i was not impressed with those flaired guards.

I am not a fan of the SS. They are dog ugly.

 

_________________

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 40

Posts: 2015

Joined: 9th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

Location: East Kurrajong
NSW, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
Till_Lind wrote:
I think they got the appearance of the BA/BF interior done very well, but as previously stated, it's the finish, and poor quality plastics used (and build quality in some instances), that really let it down.

Yeah thats exactly what i meant. It looks good in pictures etc, but its so cheap and nasty in the flesh. Territorys even have a hard plastic dashboard :?


Agreed ... owning both Territory and AU ute ... the feel of thet AUII interior is much nicer than the Territory.

The Territory is pleasing to look at ... but try cleaning the dash plastics ... it's a right pain to be it looking sweet. And the Territory plastics mark easily as well.

The AU ute seems to have a soft feel to the dash fascia ... dash top and door trims as well. Even my fiancee (non-car person said she prefers the materials in the AU ute to the Territory).

Don't get me wrong ... the Territory is a top vehicle ... but the interior plastics could have been better though.

 

_________________

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 3343

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Exactly right meckan1k, the design is spot on but the materials used are shonky.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:09 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names