Fordmods Logo

Weird Smartlock Question AU1 .. kinda long ! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Weird Smartlock Question AU1 .. kinda long !
Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU

QLD, Australia

Hi all,

had a previous topic on this and still haven't resolved it yet :( http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10216

When i got the car (2 weeks ago), the remote worked but needed a new battery, i changed the battery and remote doesn't work now (red light on the remote does work).

Only thing I've done before this was remove the Radio and put a CD player in (i did blow the radio fuse when i first put it in, but replaced it) ... i've tried with the radio back in again, also tried reprogramming using the de-mist button 3 times on acc, the locks cycle after 5 secs as per docs, but does nothing when i press the remote ... tried another remote also.

AU1 (99 model) was a cab !! No smartlock light flashing on the dash but the interior light dims when door is shut. (can't remember if it was flashing before).

Tried to relearn the ignition lock as per docs ... left it over 1 & 1/2 hours ... locks didn't cycle :!:

Ford said they could plug in & check for $96, but probably wouldn't find anything :( ... they didn't know ... maybe the Smartlock Module.

I've checked the fuses in the fuse box (r/h side of dash) & under bonnet (r/h side) Have i missed any :?:

Does anyone have any other ideas ????

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU

QLD, Australia

Hi,

Just an update ---

I fixed it :D

Went to the wreckers n bought a Smartlock module & changed it over, the remote programmed ....
but since i was outside the wreckers at the time and didn't want to wait 1/2 hour for the lock to relearn i plugged the old one back in ....

got home n tried it on the old one ... the bloody thing works now :x

I suspect that the BEM got stuffed up with the smartlock module when i blew the radio fuse n it needed a 'reset' which i must have done with the other module .... :)

Now have a perfectly good smartlock module as a spare i suppose

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]