Fordmods Logo

What parts required for a climate & cruise into an EB2 Gli 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: What parts required for a climate & cruise into an EB2 G
Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi All,

I'm just finishing off removing the parts I require for climate control and cruise control.

The donor car is an EB2 Fairmont and the car it's all going into is an EB2 Gli.

So far I've got the following parts put aside:

Climate control parts:
Complete dash with climate module, sensor at the top, dash loom, BEM etc
Heater box

Cruise control parts:
Brake pedal switch
Vacuum actuator

I just wanted to check if there is anything else I've missed before I get the shell taken away.

Thanks,

Justin.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Make sure you have all the cable hardware for the cruise, from thea ctuator to the throttle body.
You didnt mention whether you have grabbed the steering wheel (for buttons) and clockspring etc, along with the steering column loom.

As for the climate, make sure you have the ambient sensor, in EF/L it is with the horns, I assume its the same for the Boxcars.

The other major thing, grab the bonnet loom. It will have the cruise wiring, ambient sensor wiring, wiring for the coolant level sensor that the fairmont should have, ABS etc.

Why not grab the whole interior, and just swap the looms, seats, trims, the whole lot?

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dan1_721 wrote:
Make sure you have all the cable hardware for the cruise, from thea ctuator to the throttle body.
You didnt mention whether you have grabbed the steering wheel (for buttons) and clockspring etc, along with the steering column loom.

Yep, got the whole steering column and loom, clockspring and wheel.
I've got the cable and the actuator to the t/b.

dan1_721 wrote:
As for the climate, make sure you have the ambient sensor, in EF/L it is with the horns, I assume its the same for the Boxcars.
Hmmm, nup didn't grab that so I'll check it out, thanks! Car's stacked in the front though, so I hope it's still there!

dan1_721 wrote:
The other major thing, grab the bonnet loom. It will have the cruise wiring, ambient sensor wiring, wiring for the coolant level sensor that the fairmont should have, ABS etc.
I haven't taken any looms out of the engine bay. What do you mean by bonnet loom? Is this the loom that runs to the driver's kick panel from the engine bay?

dan1_721 wrote:
Why not grab the whole interior, and just swap the looms, seats, trims, the whole lot?

Done that already with elecs, loom etc, want to start on the dash now.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well, I think I've got it all now!

Removed the ambient air sensor from the front, and pulled out the cruise control motor near the washer bottle.

I've got all vac lines, loom sections etc, so hopefully that's it!

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

Don't forget the speed control unit, under the center console bin, between the seats.

Check the car you are putting it into to make sure that you already have the loom there for it too, otherwise you'll have to butcher the cabin loom on the donor for it to stick in the GLi. That's really easy to do tho, so don't sweat it!

All wiring for the climate control and cruise should already be in the engine bay loom of the GLi. You'll just have to plug the actuator for the cruise in and the plug for the ambient sensor should be there too. It's near the receiver dryer at the front of the radiator.

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

philaddis wrote:
Don't forget the speed control unit, under the center console bin, between the seats.

Check the car you are putting it into to make sure that you already have the loom there for it too, otherwise you'll have to butcher the cabin loom on the donor for it to stick in the GLi. That's really easy to do tho, so don't sweat it!

All wiring for the climate control and cruise should already be in the engine bay loom of the GLi. You'll just have to plug the actuator for the cruise in and the plug for the ambient sensor should be there too. It's near the receiver dryer at the front of the radiator.

Thanks mate. Yep, I've transferred the full Fairmont body loom, and plugged the centre console in with the speed controller.

I chopped sections of the Fairmont bay loom in case I needed it, but if it all plugs up, that's even better!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]