Fordmods Logo

wtf are these wires? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: wtf are these wires?
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

i was doing trip comp mod
and i found these behine there..
they arnt trip comp, rear demister or lock..
and im sure they arnt air con
any one got any ideas?

 

 

Attachments:
wires.jpg
wires.jpg [ 12.36 KiB | Viewed 98 times ]

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 509

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Maybe part of smartlock?
Cant really see what it is from those pics, looks like little relays
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

they are plugs... one fits into demister (didnt do anything when pressed)
the other i dunno... not the central locking button

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 509

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

ohhh plugs right...
Yeh I have 3 of these behind my trip comp, you sure its not for that ?
and not for the air con panel ??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 52

Posts: 373

Joined: 27th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Falcon EL

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

Power arial perhaps ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:05 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Yep, the light blue plug (can be orange as well) is for the Power Aerial, the other black plug in your hand is for the rear wiper/wash for the wagons. You should find that the power aerial plug is identical to the rear demist plug, only diffs being wiring setup and plug colour . . . . :shock:
Be careful plugging it into the demister and operating it, unless your sure what it does . . . . :?

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

well i plugged it in and it did nothing
(as i dont have a power antenna)

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:03 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 823

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF Falcon SR

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Yep, the light blue plug (can be orange as well) is for the Power Aerial, the other black plug in your hand is for the rear wiper/wash for the wagons. You should find that the power aerial plug is identical to the rear demist plug, only diffs being wiring setup and plug colour . . . . :shock:
Be careful plugging it into the demister and operating it, unless your sure what it does . . . . :?


It is just ghost wiring for the upper models.

Same as in the boot there will be a plug that connects to nothing, which is there for the amp on the Ghia......

 

_________________

Proud owner of one of very few BF SR manual (June 06 build) :)

Nothing really says thankyou like a dollar in the waistband

[BLEMIN]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782173

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:51 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 6047

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

My mate plugged it into an Economy switch from a column shift and it workes there.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 42

Posts: 514

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: V8 VE Calais V Spec

Power: 262 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
My mate plugged it into an Economy switch from a column shift and it workes there.


Yeah the Blue (Or can be Orange on other models) is for The power Econ Switch for Column shift models.... (Yes it does work for other models as well, but the switch is slightly different to the Rear Window Demistor switch, I.E. its not momentary, and the pinouts are ever so slightly different)

The other connector is for Rear Window Washer / Wiper for Wagons, which has wires running up to the engine loom, and up to the drivers kick panel on the sedan models... (From there onwards the wires arent connected)

 

_________________

VE Calais V8, IQ, HSV instruments and brembos fitted.
IQ, IPC, BCM all hacked and programmed without TECH2 :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

Ugly Igley wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
Yep, the light blue plug (can be orange as well) is for the Power Aerial, the other black plug in your hand is for the rear wiper/wash for the wagons. You should find that the power aerial plug is identical to the rear demist plug, only diffs being wiring setup and plug colour . . . . :shock:
Be careful plugging it into the demister and operating it, unless your sure what it does . . . . :?


It is just ghost wiring for the upper models.

Same as in the boot there will be a plug that connects to nothing, which is there for the amp on the Ghia......


well thats not right :)
gli's dont have wiring for the amp
had to put that in myself
also didnt have correct wiring for trip comp
and im sure it hasnt got other wiring i need

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:01 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 823

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF Falcon SR

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

chunkz wrote:
Ugly Igley wrote:
snap0964 wrote:
Yep, the light blue plug (can be orange as well) is for the Power Aerial, the other black plug in your hand is for the rear wiper/wash for the wagons. You should find that the power aerial plug is identical to the rear demist plug, only diffs being wiring setup and plug colour . . . . :shock:
Be careful plugging it into the demister and operating it, unless your sure what it does . . . . :?


It is just ghost wiring for the upper models.

Same as in the boot there will be a plug that connects to nothing, which is there for the amp on the Ghia......


well thats not right :)
gli's dont have wiring for the amp
had to put that in myself
also didnt have correct wiring for trip comp
and im sure it hasnt got other wiring i need


Fair enough, the GLi doesn't, but the other models do which dont come with an amp.
They were just examples. I am sure you got the point.....

 

_________________

Proud owner of one of very few BF SR manual (June 06 build) :)

Nothing really says thankyou like a dollar in the waistband

[BLEMIN]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782173

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

yeh i did, im just s**t stirring :P

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:14 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Yep, my apologies, should've realised about the power/econ s/w for the column shifts, I don't think you'll find anything of the power aerial wiring in GLi's or Futuras.
I think you'll find what is meant, is that the std GLI/Futura sedan/wagon wiring looms when made up are of similar build, and will have parts of extra wiring integral, however the wiring will follow the normal runs until the next connector, where they go no further. The connecting wiring is added depending on what options are fitted. In base GLI's there'll be plenty examples of this - EF/EL wagons for example have the boot release plug stowed below and behind the fuel flap release.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:48 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names