Fordmods Logo

XH Interior Mods 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:39 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 255

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Ride: 97 EL Falcon

Location:  
NSW, Australia

That's awesome. I didn't realise how neanderthal the utes were inside, I figured they had a full EF cab in there.

I'm hereby educated. Nice trip computer install. :)

 

_________________

<img src="http://www.colonpipe.com/images/el.gif" width="137" height="100">

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:04 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 197

Joined: 3rd Dec 2005

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

Well for a dash design that was first released in 1985, Ford have done well to make it look as good as it did, I certainly find it comfy! Snap - Climate control would be a very interesting install...no reason why it couldn't be done, just a lot of custom brackets I guess? Thanks to your docos (as soon as finances allow) Im going to install the ghia map/dome lights, ghia power aerial, trip computer and hopefully the power windows as well. Im thinking I might do all the actual installation myself, but get the wiring done profesionally cos Im too lazy to do it right!

 

_________________

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:18 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 255

Joined: 8th Nov 2004

Ride: 97 EL Falcon

Location:  
NSW, Australia

This has got me all curious, now. Can someone throw up a pic of the full interior of one of these utes?

I can't believe I've never seen one before.

 

_________________

<img src="http://www.colonpipe.com/images/el.gif" width="137" height="100">

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:19 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Datazoid wrote:
This has got me all curious, now. Can someone throw up a pic of the full interior of one of these utes?I can't believe I've never seen one before.
There's plenty of scanned brochures at www.fordforums.com.au of XH series I & II.

XHII V8S wrote:
Well for a dash design that was first released in 1985, Ford have done well to make it look as good as it did, I certainly find it comfy! Snap - Climate control would be a very interesting install...no reason why it couldn't be done, just a lot of custom brackets I guess?
Agreed, IMO the XH is the best refinement of the all X series utes.
The Climate control unit will obviously need to replace the std ventilation/A/C controls. I always find myself turning A/C on & off all the time, so CC should be quite effective, especially due to the smaller cabin area.

fordzatmyplace wrote:
Climate control in a XH would be tough! Does the XH use a EF/EL heater box?
Heater box is same - ventilation trunking is different due to X series dash.
Installation is no harder than E series install, except the dash unit of course.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:29 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 197

Joined: 3rd Dec 2005

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

Really? I would have thought the easiest way would be to buy a cc from a ef/l, then take all the solenoids out and other wiring, and then mount that to the XH dash, then the hardest bit would be mounting the controls...you could cut it in half? side by side lol. My recirc doesn't work and I have tried and tried to fix it and from experience with my XF ute to have it fixed is usually a $500 plus job as I don't have the time to pull the dash off. So instead there is just a chop stick holding the recirc flap open and F**k out would have to be the best A/C I've ever used! Snap, do you know of any possible causes as to why my recirc valve isn't working? I know it is quite likely a vacuum leak...just don't know where

 

_________________

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 197

Joined: 3rd Dec 2005

Ride: XHII V8S Ute

Location: Darwin
NT, Australia

Hey Snap, another question...SRS drivers airbag was standard on XHI S models, does this mean that it is standard on XHII S models? I have a fuse for it!

 

_________________

Pacies & single 2.5'. New manifold to come soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:20 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

XHII V8S wrote:
Hey Snap, another question...SRS drivers airbag was standard on XHI S models, does this mean that it is standard on XHII S models? I have a fuse for it!
Should be.

XHII V8S wrote:
Really? I would have thought the easiest way would be to buy a cc from a ef/l, then take all the solenoids out and other wiring, and then mount that to the XH dash, then the hardest bit would be mounting the controls...you could cut it in half? side by side lol.

That's exactly how I intend to do it - the CC dash unit will need to be cut up - screen to one side, buttons on the other.

XHII V8S wrote:
My recirc doesn't work and I have tried and tried to fix it and from experience with my XF ute to have it fixed is usually a $500 plus job as I don't have the time to pull the dash off. So instead there is just a chop stick holding the recirc flap open and F**k out would have to be the best A/C I've ever used! Snap, do you know of any possible causes as to why my recirc valve isn't working? I know it is quite likely a vacuum leak...just don't know where
Don't know, haven't really studied it at any length.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 4609

Joined: 29th Jul 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BOXCAR

Location: Launceston
TAS, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Datazoid wrote:
This has got me all curious, now. Can someone throw up a pic of the full interior of one of these utes?I can't believe I've never seen one before.
There's plenty of scanned brochures at www.fordforums.com.au of XH series I & II.

XHII V8S wrote:
Well for a dash design that was first released in 1985, Ford have done well to make it look as good as it did, I certainly find it comfy! Snap - Climate control would be a very interesting install...no reason why it couldn't be done, just a lot of custom brackets I guess?
Agreed, IMO the XH is the best refinement of the all X series utes.
The Climate control unit will obviously need to replace the std ventilation/A/C controls. I always find myself turning A/C on & off all the time, so CC should be quite effective, especially due to the smaller cabin area.

fordzatmyplace wrote:
Climate control in a XH would be tough! Does the XH use a EF/EL heater box?
Heater box is same - ventilation trunking is different due to X series dash.
Installation is no harder than E series install, except the dash unit of course.


Climate control conversion should be to hard then! I thought XH's used a older XF spec airbox.

 

_________________

^^^ What He Said

<a href="http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44952" target="_blank" class="postlink"> TAS Cruises</a>

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names