Fordmods Logo

xh smart lock 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: xh smart lock
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

When i go to lock the doors the buttons just go up and down and the horn beeps. I checked all the wires and connections and they all seem fine but dont no where to go from here...any answers

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 XH XR6

VIC, Australia

mine does that when one of the doors are open but apart from that sorry mate can't be of much help

ONE FOR RUM AND RUM FOR ALL

4.0ltr 1998 XH XR6 - 2 JVC 4way 6X9's - 2 JVC 4way 4" in doors - JVC head unit - AU XR8 intake snorkel

Paceys, hi flow cat and many more still to come

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

maybe something inside the door is stopping the rod from going down??
and yeah mine does it when i havnt closed the door properly so maybe have a look inside the doors

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ED XR8 Sprint

VIC, Australia

Sounds like the smart lock system thinks one of the doors is open. The issue could also be one of the buttons is sticking on the way down. If this happens that smart lock system thinks there is an issue / door open and unlocks again. Does the smart lock light on the dash flash a code at all?

'94 ED XR8 Sprint

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Had the same prob with my EF the door button was sitting to far down so when the car went to lock the button wouldnt let the rod go down pull them off and see if it lock then, if it does theres your problem.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:18 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yeah, my XH will do this on the odd occasion, mainly I think over the hotter months of the year. As mentioned, the system seems to act as if the doors are not closed properly (hence the short horn blasts), But instead of a single cycle, the actuators keep cycling.
I haven't chased up my problem as yet, but this is what I'll be trying:

1. Remove the snipper buttons for a while, and see if the problem disappears - if the actuators are hindered in movement, they can cycle. If the problem is fixed, the snipper button/s are not fitted properly.

2. Check the adjustment of the door catches - I suspect mine is ever so slightly out of adjustment as heat expands, and is enough to trip the problem - my passenger door feels as though it doesn't close as well as it could.

3. Sit inside the car with the doors closed, and lock/unlock the car a few times, and listen to the two actuators, if they sound greatly out of sync, it may be a possible cause.

These few things are probably the best to check first, as they are easier than pulling the door trims at this stage.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]