Fordmods Logo

1969 Boss 302 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: 1969 Boss 302
Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

QLD, Australia

Can anyone tell me why there are so few (none that I have found) Mustangs on LPG?
Also, is the Boss 302 Mustang injected or a carby setup?
Tnx

Post subject: Re: 1969 Boss 302
Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:21 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks Ash. What about the 'injected' or 'carby' setup part of the question?

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

That depends on what I am buying. There seems to be so many variations around that I have to find something that I want before I look at the price. I already have a small stable of 1928, 1929, 1930, 1932 and 1998 Fords as well as Toyota and Nissan. One of my plates is '1969' but I am not limited to that year. I just don't want to go bigger than 302 by choice. My 327 Bathurst Monaro, 35 Gal tank - 8x Bbl = 4x MPG, paid for those hefty salary increases at BP and Caltex a few years ago, and I would rather not repeat that.

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

Nothing saying you can't put a mustang on LPG - after all, its essentially the same running gear as in a million older V8 falcons on gas......I'd guess, along with the originality point, most people would think lpg filler = big hole in the fender - on my XB they luckily put the filler in the bumper, at least thats an easy replaceable part (compared to a rear guard repair or replace...) The rest of it is pretty straightforward bolt on stuff - if your fitter knows that you want as little damage / cutting as possible and you stay on their case, you should be right for reversing the process if you ever want to remove it...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

You're right, and that's what I may have to do. Thanks for the comments tearlejc - I just put up a photo of my XA Hardtop - in need of work.

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Thanks for all the help, Ash. With my 327 experience, and knowing that the 253 gave similar consumption figures to the 202 (6) I am looking to minimise running costs but keeping the V8 sound and feel. A 'ton of grunt' under the bonnet never being used might get me some bragging rights, but also hurts the wallet, so I want to stay clear of the 351 and the 'stroked' variants. Speaking of your AU V8 Ute - I came across an AU XR8 5.0Ltr that had had a 1968 Mustang body 'grafted' onto it (in S.A.), which would have suited me down to the ground. Unfortunately, I am in Qld and the Qld Dept of Transport told me that they didn't have any regulations about 'grafting' such a body onto such a 'chassis' and as they would have to develop the regulations, they couldn't tell me what they might be or if the vehicle would pass them in its present form (even though it had full S.A. registration). So I had to pass on it. As the Toyota guys say "BUGGER". Again, thanks for the help. I shall keep looking, and who knows what I will come across. Someone may have 'ditched' the early 302 for a (later) injected one, or maybe I could get it done? Do I want all of the 'computerization? I don't know?

Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura / FG XR6 / DF LTD

NSW, Australia

All boss Boss 302's came with a 780 spreadbore . It would be sacreligious to use anything else on such an iconic car .

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]