Fordmods Logo

blos mixer 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: blos mixer
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

hi, got a blos mixer, got it running ok, but when i adjust the blos , it doesnt seem to make any differance.
my car is efi and runs on lpg and petrol .
its got a electronic device ( fp31 gastech ) that connects up to the o2 sensor and there is adjust ments on it to set the CO2.

do i have to adjust the blos or just leave it as it is ? thanks,
mark krawczuk
Attachment:
DSC01934.JPG
Attachment:
DSC01937.JPG
Attachment:
DSC01938.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: blos mixer
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

When I asked the Blos people about their gear 2 years ago, they said their mixer was good for engines up to 150hp or so. For a 4.0, you probably need 2 mixers as a 148kW EB is around 230hp.

Your single mixer is probably maxed out.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

sly wrote:
When I asked the Blos people about their gear 2 years ago, they said their mixer was good for engines up to 150hp or so. For a 4.0, you probably need 2 mixers as a 148kW EB is around 230hp.

Your single mixer is probably maxed out.

hi, the blos mixer is good for 200hp. 230 hp eb ??? i thought eb multipoint where only 186 hp???

mark

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

slight f@rt on my part there Mark, I added 1/2 rather than 1/3. So, 148 + 49 = 197hp for a multipoint EB as a rough rule of thumb. But if you divide by 0.73 or so which I think is the correct factor, you will get slightly over 200hp, maybe 203 or so. So pretty close to the limit. When I asked 2 years ago, they were advertising a range of mechanisms that would support different power levels, BUT they had so far only manufactured 1 size of mechanism (is it a rod of some sort?) that maxed out at 150.

It sounded like a nice product (like the Airod variable mixer), it's good to see they've got it further developed.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]