Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 27 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU series II

QLD, Australia

Hi Guys

I have just joined the FordMods and I am really looking forward to reading all the info I can get on the HHO boosters, As I have chased up a lot of info on the net and studied a lot of kits that have been available for sale.
And from that info I wuild build my own unit for my Ford AU the only problem I am having atm is finding an O2 sensor mod in Australia, I can get 1 from the USA for $59.99 + $15 postage (USD) $81 (AUD)

Is there anyone in AUS that sells them ??

http://www.magnumtuning.com/index.phtml ... _id=004009

Cheers Alan

P.S. Please excuse my ignorance if there is a post on this already, I havnt got around to reading the whole 20 pages in the forum as yet :lol:

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Post subject: Popular Mechanics update on HHO...
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: X-Trail

WA, Australia

Popular Mechanics has recently published another article on HHO, again, the usual naysayers and armchair critics are saying "you can't violate the laws of thermodynamics, etc... etc..." and pooh-pooh'ing the concept.

Article and comments: http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4276846.html?series=19

It's quite evident that it works from the backyard experimenters' results here and across the web at large show the concept can work, but many are under the assumption that this technology is supposed to REPLACE the dependency on petrol instead of supplement it to increase efficiency.

To think that a technical publication such as PM can carry out such a half-a*** attempt at "scientific" method (they didn't take into account the computer enriching the mixture and compensating by fooling the sensor) is just testament that "those who say it won't work should stay out of the way of those trying". "Heavy testing" BS.

Keep up the good work, fellas.

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi Alan
Welcome to Fordmods
Another cheaper alternative is wrapping the O2 sensor up in Aluminum Foil or buying a O2 extender for around $12. Let me know if you need one of those. The electronic method is the best but all around that price.
Cheers

Madmurf

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Well said El Sledgo.
The Myth Busters made a HHO unit they built from plans off the Web.
Looked like a great cell but when they fired it up it made virtually no HHO, the drongos forgot to add a Catalyst to the distilled water so virtually no Electrolysis.
With PM I would have expected more scientific effort as well.
I just think that science wont step outside what it knows and we are expected to believe the guys in white coats

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

madmurf wrote:
Hi Alan
Welcome to Fordmods
Another cheaper alternative is wrapping the O2 sensor up in Aluminum Foil or buying a O2 extender for around $12. Let me know if you need one of those. The electronic method is the best but all around that price.
Cheers

Madmurf

Thanks madmurf

I think I read something about that earlier (Aluminium Foil) does it really work ?? cause damn that would be a break thru :lol:

Because I was always lead to believe that it's an electronic pulse sent to the ECU (.7 of a volt) telling it that it's running a mixture of 14.7 to 1 and when I run a HHO booster and there is more O2 in the exhaust then it changes to (.4 of a volt) and the ECU thinks it's running to lean and enriches the fuel mixture - will the foil stop that signal from changing ??

cheers Alan :shock: (cause on the other hand I could have it a*** about) :lol: :lol:

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi
Its a fluctuating voltage that when cold runs in what they call closed loop. Once up to temp it starts to use the readings from the O2 sensor, again these volts will go up and down. This tells the ECU how much O2 is going out the exhaust. The AUs are heated O2 units but give it a go anyway 10 cents worth of gear and 5 mins work.
Have you got a HHO unit fitted.?
Cheers
Madmurf

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:) Thanks madmurf for that

The only problem that I am worried about is : If the sensor throws up an error on the ECU it will cut the performance back to security mode (about 45%) of the performance and it usualy costs a fortune to get it reset back to normal again, (although I have heard somewhere that putting the pos terminal on the neg terminal for 30 secs resets the ECU) obviously remove the neg lead b4 doing so ... NOT game enuf to try that tho :lol:

I will try and find that info again

cheers Alan

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi Alan
Read somewhere
Yey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it.

See Ya
Madmurf

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:oops: :oops: I knew that would come back and haunt me when I wrote it :lol: :lol:

Ok when I fit the booster I will give it a go :lol: all I want to know is how long does it flash an error on the dash before it errors out (just incase it don't work)

cheers AL

Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:lol: :lol: I have been reading thru the 20 odd pages in here on the HHO unit and there seems to be a couple of the OIL CO. workers slipped in :lol: :lol:

If you want a good description of how they work - just go to

http://www.hydrogenexposed.com/

These guys and many like them are switched on to the "NEW FUEL" as ppl from all over the world are starting to call it .

I will find information on the electrical input and gas output for you as well

http://www.neutralexistence.com/shop/hy ... on-system/
just scroll down the page till you find the text on how it's done

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 643AAoyUI3

good answer here

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: X-Trail

WA, Australia

madmurf wrote:
Well said El Sledgo.
The Myth Busters made a HHO unit they built from plans off the Web.
Looked like a great cell but when they fired it up it made virtually no HHO, the drongos forgot to add a Catalyst to the distilled water so virtually no Electrolysis.
With PM I would have expected more scientific effort as well.
I just think that science wont step outside what it knows and we are expected to believe the guys in white coats

Yeah, I found Mythbusters attempt at HHO was more comical and was a half-ar/sed attempt.

Thing to note though, there are alternatives to putting additives into distilled water to make an electrolyte mixture. There are guys posting videos on youtube where they're replicating Stan Meyer's experiment with pure water and getting some *insane* gas production with minimal current draw.

Check out this bloke from India's achievements. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSUe76PZLQ&feature=user

Not bad from 0.5A and 12V. 150mL of gas in 20 seconds, just under 0.5L/minute.

Garth, have you measured the flow rate from your latest units?

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:18 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:D Well I finally got the booster hooked up and running on the mazda 626 now, I wrapped the probe in aluminium foil and it seems to work so far - I have some pics I will put up here shortly, trying out attachments

Sorry about the quality (mobile at night) will get better pics in daylight soon

I took it for a run around the block b4 and just checked the exhaust tailpipe and it used to be black and sooty, well it's all clean and there are signs of water at idle :D well pleased, I will workout over the next week how much fuel I use going back and forth to work.

cheers AL

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi all
I now have 3 cars running HHO all with different setups and fuels.
The Ford Au
LPG, 2000 Model 250Ks on the clock covers up to 400Ks a day with a mix of driving.
Using a PVC container (KOH) with my new laser cut 316 plates into a flooded cell arrangement .So it has an over flow tank. Mounted in front of the radiator running at around 15amps.
PWM and Amp meter with an over ride unit on the O2 sensor.
If driven like a granny 9.5 if you drive like me 11.5 to 12.4L per 100Ks
Daewoo Lanos
1999 model 1.5 liter fuel injected.
Using a PVC container which contains different internals (NaOH). About a meter of thin 316 SS wound up into a coil with about 2 mill between the coiled thin plate. I wanted something to run at lower amps. Mounted near fire wall and attached to a separate bubbler. Not a flooded cell but has a side site tube to monitor water levels. Neat little unit runs around 12 amps when warm. Exact mileage isn’t know but about extra 100ks to150Ks per tank full. I have just got built an over ride unit that I will be fitting to the O2 sensor so I will be expecting more.
Nissan Patrol
1995 Dual Fuel
Just fitted a larger cell its one of my new Laser Cut Plate units in a flooded cell arrangement. Mounted it inside a water filter housing (NaOH). No Mileage test but I gained about 15% in power, even the wife said it was a lot zippier. The housing is bit big so I had to mount it on the bull bar. Keeps it cool and the unit is tuff so no worries about stones. Runs around 15 amps when hot. Maf/Map already fitted but is only effective on petrol. The O2 sensor is next.
Im so happy with my Laser Cut Electrolysers I have started to cell them on Ebay.
I read the other day that Australia contains more inventers per square meter than any other country. So keep the HHO burning and I will let you know when I get some figures from the last two cars.
A note to would be buyers some of the units on ebay only contain SS All Thread as the internals. Cheap and nasty stuck inside cookie tins. Don’t expect too much from 6 to 8 amps (what they recommend).

Cheers Madmurf

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hi Madmurf - Great info Mate keep up the good work

Have you got any pics of the flooded cell arrangement, I'd be interested in trying that type of setup and I also was thinking of running mine thru a filter of some sort to get rid of the rusty coloured s**t in the water. I have a fish tank pump and a s**t load of clear tube who knows what can be done with that hey :lol:

food for thought

cheers AL

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Mate you shouldnt have rusty colour at all.
Use Stainles 316L and KOH or NaOh with distilled water. My Au has done over 10000Ks on the same water and looks clean.
Start off with a good unit. Learn from others I use to empty my glass jars once a week now all I do is top up 100mm of water after a driving over 1600Ks.
The jars and cheaper materials are great to play with but a pain in butt after a while.
I will try and post up some pics I have a video on youtube search under madmurf. It shows the Laser Cut plates in action.
Madmurf

Sort by  
 Page 27 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next