Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 28 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU series II

QLD, Australia

Thanks Madmurf

It must be the soda thats doing it then ??

will look around for the KOH and give that a go, It works bloody great, but it just gets dirty after a days running ....

cheers AL

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:06 am 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Soda Yep that would be the issue. Ive seen guys use that Coolaid stuff and fine for the first hour or so then the brown muck starts to appear. This is why you have cow boys saying use this and that and really haven’t done the hard yards of the testing. In the end people buy products and say ah that never works.
I have half a bench full of stuff that I have used and tested as electrolytes. From baking soda to caustic. To clean up you existing cell put in a couple tea spoons of citric acid with distilled water and leave it a couple of days. Yes it also acts as Electrolyte but breaks down after a short period of time. Don’t touch the plates with you fingers as oil from the skin will effect the production of HHO.
I have found that alkaline seems to be the best you just need to treat it with respect. Once its setup and you don’t need much it should stay stable and all you need is distilled water as a top up. After about 6 months or 10,000Ks or what ever comes first dump it and put in a fresh batch. I sound like a service mechanic.
Flooded cells are great as the overflow tank operates as a cooler, bubbler and a filling point for the Cell. No more pulling the lid off the cell itself. So I have my cell mounted in front of the radiator and the filler up near the battery. The wiring is a bit messy at the moment as Im fitting a water level probe and other stuff into the Overflow tank. That way I have a little flashing LED when my water is low.
Hope This Helps
Madmurf

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi All
Got some photos to post up. The Ford Au ones all went fuzzy so dont no what happen to them
One of the Patrol with front mounted cell and the over flow bubbler next to the radiator. Cant believe the extra zip the Patrol now has.
One of the Daewoo with the coiled unit. Seems to be very stable.
The only ford photo one is a pic of inside the car with the main switch, amp meter and red led for water level.
Let me know if you would like specific photos.
I might take some of the inside the cells.?
Fitted my new falsh back arrestor today. Pretty happy with the design as it is solid copper body with one end using a check valve.
Cheers
MM

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:lol: Excellent Madmurf

Gotta luv the stick on badge on the front guard - keep up the great work man :D

I finally got my system up and running now, I uploaded a video to youtube of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOpYkPdB0tY

cheers AL

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:shock: :shock: :shock: I was playing around with different chemicals in my booster to see which one worked the best !!

Earlier tonight i bought a bottle of Caustic Soda and I tried a level teaspoon of it in the booster and F**k I nearlly fell over :lol: :lol: it put out approx. 6 to 7 bubbles a second out of a 13mm clear plastic hose in the bubbler (each bubble would have been as big as a marble) I will upload the video of it tonight and put the link to it when youtube clears it ok

cheers AL :D

Ok here's the link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7hctxHhkU

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Bullet

That is pretty impressive output for a 4 plate generator! what amps are you pulling?

Madmurf,

On the weekend I put together a Smack's Booster, made to his instructions. It is pulling 5Amps with some pretty impressive output. I have bought 2 one-way valves off you from ebay, and really interested in the EFIE you have on ebay at the moment. If I miss out on this EFIE, are you able to get any more? And how much? I am still looking at a PWM from you soon as well.

Keep up the good work guys..

By the way, My fuel consumption has gone from 11.4 l/100km to 10.4l/100km. Got to be happy with that... but I still think there is room for improvement.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Hi Manstra
Good work with the Smack booster Its great to hear people are getting into this. Keep in mind the original smack was built for the user who does up to half hour trips if you tend to do more than that you could end up with heat issues and what we call run away melt down. Is that 5 amps cold.?
Are you running a bubbler or just going with the check valves. I use check valves for a number of reasons on my booster setups not just the air intake. I currently use one of my flash back arresters with has a check valve as well. along with a bubbler.
Maybe over safe but HHO its pretty powerful.
Hold off on the current Control unit I have a better one that will be listed in about a week.
Bullet crazy video just love the garden hose. That unit is really rocken and rollen but I think you may be generating a lot of steam as well. A little vapor is good for the engine but again dont end up with a melt down. I use both potassium and sodium hydroxide and they are the best BUT treat it with respect and keep a bottle on white vinegar handy to neutralise it if you spill it on your skin.
I just cant keep up with you guys
Just a word or warning be careful or the HHO bug will get you.
Now Im really happy with my cells and the wet overflow design my next little HHO project is a dry cell. I will let you know how it goes and get some pics up soon.
All the way with HHO.
MM

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hey Madmurf,

the 5 Amps is cold. I have a 30 amp fuse in line to prevent the runaway Amps but it isn't drawing anywhere near that at the moment. I work 15 minute drive from home. The longest drive I have done so with it is 1.5 hours and had no problems.

I have a bubbler on the outlet, but no flame arrester. I saw your video on youtube, but at this stage I think an EFIE is of more value to me (after all... the car has full insurance...:lol:

Hopefully your valves will turn up tomorrow as the generator is drawing back from the bubbler and I want to put an expansion tank on the generator so it will auto fill.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:42 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Sorry Guys for butting in here

Can anyone tell me how much hydrogen would be needed to benefit in the saving of fuel in a 2.2 fuel injected mazda, the reason I ask this is : I think I am trying to make too much and creating a lot of heat in the process - My system (as you may have seen in the video) pumps out s**t of hydrogen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7hctxHhkU
But I dont know whether I need anywhere near as much as that to help with the fuel savings

My system uses 13mm hoses and I usually get about 4 - 6 bubbles every second but it gets too hot, I have played with the water, soda mix and got it down to 1 bubble a second and it runs (cold) 3 amps (warm) 7amps ( I use a 12volt charger with an amp gauge on it - But I would like to know how much out of a 13mm hose would benefit :?

cheers AL

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Bullet54 wrote:
Sorry Guys for butting in here

Can anyone tell me how much hydrogen would be needed to benefit in the saving of fuel in a 2.2 fuel injected mazda, the reason I ask this is : I think I am trying to make too much and creating a lot of heat in the process - My system (as you may have seen in the video) pumps out s**t of hydrogen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7hctxHhkU
But I dont know whether I need anywhere near as much as that to help with the fuel savings

My system uses 13mm hoses and I usually get about 4 - 6 bubbles every second but it gets too hot, I have played with the water, soda mix and got it down to 1 bubble a second and it runs (cold) 3 amps (warm) 7amps ( I use a 12volt charger with an amp gauge on it - But I would like to know how much out of a 13mm hose would benefit :?

cheers AL
Hi Bullet
I have found this is one of those it depends questions. As I said your unit looks like its boiling rather than producing HHO.
A good rule of thumb is about 1 liter per min per 2 liter engine capacity. Thats the best but any HHO will improve the economy, even running jam jars I got 10% increase. I have also heard that ratio of 4% of hho to air, but I dont know if thats true. Another problem that can occur is when you produce HHO is confuses the exhaust O2 sensor which makes the engine think its running lean and increases fuel to the injectors. Ive found that with the ford running it at around 15 amps I get the best fuel mileage but thats with a PWM and a LPG engine. Its a lot of trial and error.
Run it at your current setting and do a mileage test.
Then modify it and see how it goes. Just remember the cell shouldnt get much hotter than a hot cup of coffee.
Cheers
MM

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Bullet,

i have a 2003 mazda 6 2.3 litre. My unit is running 5 Amps cold and I am seeing a remarkable improvement in fuel economy. The only alteration I have done to the ECU is to add an O2 extender between the exhaust pipe and O2 sensor. I think Madmurf can sell you one of these, otherwise look for them on ebay.

Madmurf,

I got your valves this morning, thankyou. I will leave you positive feedback as I see oyu have done that for me already. Thanks for your help.

Garth,

haven't heard much from you. How is your system going? I owe you bigtime as you started this thread and got me hooked onto HHO. Cheers dude

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:D Thanks guys

I already have got the O2 sensor sorted out, awhile ago in this post someone told me to try alfoil around the sensor (3 layers) and it works, I am seeing a difference in the amount of fuel I use each week - but you are right I have to do a milage test and I will get 1 of those extenders for the sensor.

But i had a lot of problems with heat and the anode mud that forms in the water - I am going to clean all the plates up the weekend (between watchin Bathurst and workin on my booster) I have been told that white vinager cleans them up after sanding.

As far as the heat goes I have got that under control now, by running my wires right thru the Stainless Steel lid I have taken the hot points out of the wire by doing away with the bolts in the lid altogether, I used 2 electrical lead sealer's thru the lid which makes them waterproof and air tight, I was also told that I should be running more plates than 4 because I am splitting 12 volt between the 4 of them creates heat as well, the more plates the lower the volts passing over them (less heat)

Also I have cut back on the caustic soda to reduce heat as well and that seams to work real well.

cheers AL

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:shock: Me again

I am doing a series of tests with caustic soda and tap water,

MIXTURE
500ml bottle of tap water and 1 full teaspoon of caustic soda, then I use a measuring cup to measure out the mixture into the booster - then add 1.5 ltr of cold tap water.
(I will do the same test with dist water later after I clean the plates up)

tap water ...mixture ...amps(cold) ...amps(warm) ...bubbles per min
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.5 ltr.........15ml..............3.................4...................44 (13mm hose)
1.5 ltr.........20ml..............4.................5...................56
1.5 ltr.........25ml..............5.................6...................65 (hot) 78

Ok last test result b4 pulling it all down - I finally got the water hot after 1-3/4 hrs - full amps on charger - water has finally gone brown but still pumping out hydrogen - I know this cause I lit the bubbles up as they come to the water surface in my bubbler container, and they still go off bigtime :lol:

cheers AL

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Bullet54 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

:) Ok got some more results

I have only gone as far as using 25ml of the mixture because the water is warm now and it is just starting to light up the last light on the battery charger (12 volt - 6 amps)

I know it will go higher as the water heats up - at nearly 6 amps I am getting 70 bubbles to the min, I will let it run most of the night and get the water hot and see what happens to the charger - if it cuts out then I am running at about 10amps hot.

These are only inquisitive tests - just cause I wanted to find out more about the caustic soda over the baking soda, already found out that the caustic water stays clear at these small amperage's

more later - AL thought I had better mention that I washed and dryed the jar after each test and b4 I put any water back into it, so hopefully that will satisfy the purist's - so there isnt any build up of caustic soda in the water

Last edited by Bullet54 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

WA, Australia

Bullet
Stay away from tap water it works but ends up stuffing your cells.
Distilled water and caustic. I do have extenders I will putting some up for sale let me if you need and you will with an EFI motor.
Cheers
MM

Sort by  
 Page 28 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 33  Next