Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 31 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: falcon ef

VIC, Australia

George 1969 wrote:
Should i use a map sensor adjuster or efie to lean the mixture on the Falcon Au lpg.

i dont think so but will try to find out off my gas guy this week

green machine

Post subject: bout gunky brown stuff
Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

garthr wrote:
update - mileage has dropped right off over last day or so - back to about 10 kpl, checked cell - looked as if it was working but checked gas output and was just about nothing at all.

opened it up and negative electrode was all covered in red/brown slimy coating, same stuff that builds up and sinks to the bottom.
tried cleaning it off, but even though it wipes off easily it is not easy to reach all surfaces of the wire.

retried with what cleaning i could do and gas output was better but not as good as in the beginning, so replaced entire negative electrode,
and fresh electrolyte and tested - all good.

So looks like this design is only good for about a week (or 300km or so)
between cleaning which is not exactly user friendly.

Need to try some different setups next - probably one with plates - should hopefully produce better gas output too.

Apparently from what i can gather my 2.4 litre motor probably needs closer to half a litre per minute of hydroxy gas. And my cell is only producing between 200 to 250 ml per minute.

i just bought a drycell hho converter putting out 5lts P/m and said to use only distilled water and NaOh as the electrolyser which i think in common terms is caustic soda. anything else will cause brown gunk from mineral deposits and decrease hho production.

good luck with your tesing

green machine

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I started testing the new Dry Cell last night. I powered it by the car it is going into. My electrolyte solution is 1 teaspoon of NaOH per litre of water (I use rainwater, not distilled water). After half an hour it was pulling 36 amps and producing HHO like I have never seen. I didn't measure the output, at this stage I am more concerned about keeping the heat down, which I think I have done as the unit was only warm to the touch.

I have a pwm, but was not using it and the amps seemed to steady at 36 amps. I will dilute my solution as I want to get it run without a pwm if possible.

i will keep you posted

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Manstra wrote:
I started testing the new Dry Cell last night. I powered it by the car it is going into. My electrolyte solution is 1 teaspoon of NaOH per litre of water (I use rainwater, not distilled water). After half an hour it was pulling 36 amps and producing HHO like I have never seen. I didn't measure the output, at this stage I am more concerned about keeping the heat down, which I think I have done as the unit was only warm to the touch.

I have a pwm, but was not using it and the amps seemed to steady at 36 amps. I will dilute my solution as I want to get it run without a pwm if possible.

i will keep you posted

cool sounds good i pick up my ba this week and will be installing it on that did you just use drain cleaner as electrolyte.

green machine

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

greenmachine ef wrote:
Manstra wrote:

i will keep you posted

cool sounds good i pick up my ba this week and will be installing it on that did you just use drain cleaner as electrolyte.

I bought some Caustic Soda from Coles for $5.00. It is 98% NaOH which seems to be pretty good. I've been using it for a while now in my other units and it keeps coming up clear.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:31 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi I ham running a dry cell but my electrolyte is looking like beer with all the froth on top .I used demineralised water and sodium hydroxide.
The froth is even coming all the way up the pipe and into the engine so I turned it off.How can I keep the electrolyte clear.
:roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

George 1969 wrote:
Hi I ham running a dry cell but my electrolyte is looking like beer with all the froth on top .I used demineralised water and sodium hydroxide.
The froth is even coming all the way up the pipe and into the engine so I turned it off.How can I keep the electrolyte clear.
:roll:

Hi George,

I read somewhere that to keep the froth down, make the height difference between the generator and reservoir as small as possible. I get a bit of froth, but I also have my gas going through a secondary bubbler so if I ever do get a big buildup of froth, it will stop at this bubbler instead of going into the engine.

Hope this helps you

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

-GAS-MAN- wrote:
Did anyone watch the videos on the guy who made his car run enirely on water, off a cell taking 1 amp?

My grandpa told me since i was 12 about him, how he was killed and his plans destroyed..!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairmont 99 LPG&HHO

NSW, Australia

Has anyone used Hydrocloric Acid from a car Battery Diluted with Water??

I read about it somewhere and they said it was the best?

Any Takers??

Post subject: Re: Boost mileage with HHO gas
Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Toyota Yaris

ACT, Australia

Hi I am living in Canberra,
I recently bought a HHO generator... I was wondering if any one has any contacts who can help me install it locally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Frank

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

car batteries have lead cells and run sulphuric acid.having said that i have no idea how that would work stainless lol
can you run on acid :?: :twisted: hehe

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU series II

QLD, Australia

:lol: Hi Guys just dropped back into the forum for a bit of a look see.

I have my new website up if you want to have a look http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/ I also have a webshop in there too where I am currently selling generators from the USA (Water4Gas) type, but when funds permit I will be building my unit back up again and selling those also.

Video of mine firing up in my AU Falcon - cold 6amps - hot 12amps (vid was running at 8amps)

sorry about the quality it was taken with my mobile phone lastnight in the garage at home

cheers AL

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

im in the prosess of building one , first for torche then car,,, try placeing 2 hardrive platters togeather , they have a small ammount of platnium on them and they pissout bubbels like insane, drag 16 amps thow

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

Heres a vid of my progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xa8e4v7fk

i even got the hydrogen to pop with a lighter

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU series II

QLD, Australia

Shifteh wrote:
Heres a vid of my progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xa8e4v7fk

i even got the hydrogen to pop with a lighter

Hi Shifteh mate
If you want to run the car on a booster you will need to start at 5 amps max cold as it will build up in temp as it gets hotter, it should finish around 10 amps (there abouts) if you run it at 16 amps cold then you will jump up to atleast 22 - 25 amps as it heats up and thats too much drain on the battery and ALT - the more the drain the more the motor has to work to run it and then your back to square 1 with fuel savings.
Also you will get amp runaway where the water and steel gets that hot that it spirals out of control and not to mention you would be getting a hell of a lot of steam running straight into your intake as well, which aint real good on alloy parts inside.

cheers Bullet54

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Sort by  
 Page 31 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next