Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 32 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post subject: Re: Boost mileage with HHO gas
Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

i was thinking possible secondary alt ??? any ideas? or beefing the stock one up :D

well first i actually want to make a blowtorch so thats the first goal :D

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU series II

QLD, Australia

Hi again

You can run a secondary ALT but again you would still be working the motor because of the second ALT drag on the fan belts, your best bet it to build something like this

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/ ... ooster.flv

if you have trouble viewing FLV files email me and I will send you the video in mp4 format, they are a small unit I buils myself and they put out about 3 bublles a sec from a 12mm hose and it's very explosive when I light the bubles up with the blue gas striker you see in the video lol.

When I made that video I thought I will show the bubbles exploding but unfortunatly the next door neighbour thought they were gun shots going off and called the cops in while I was ignighting them, very funny after the cops realised what was going on lol

cheers Bullet54

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

sorry missed the bit about the torch, you will need heaps of gas pressure to run a gas torch ok, my unit isnt big enuf to do the job but by running 4 or 5 of them together it may work, I was told that about 15 psi is required to run a gas torch succesfully. But be carefull I have seen people get burnt badly trying to run 1, make real sure you have an extremly small outlet tip before you light it up or it will go BOOM in a big way

cheers

Hey Ya gotta give things a go, thats the Aussie way, after all how will you know if it works if you havn't tried it ??

My New Website on Hydrogen Cells, sales & installs http://hydrogen4fuel.webs.com/

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

i was thinking ball air needle

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

also what do you use for electrodes ,, SS?

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Shifteh wrote:
i was thinking ball air needle

Not small enuf mate - a Gas torch tip is the best get the finest one you can find to be safe ok

I do use S/Steel yes 316L is the best I can get that doesn't destroy itself in the distilled water with caustic soda mix, that unit in the video has been running for an hour thats why it was at 7 amps it started at 4 amps with the same amount of bubbles per sec

I will inform the next door dude that I am going to light some bubbles up this weekend and I will video it and put it up here for you to see nextweek ok

the water mix I use is 1 ltr of dist water with a 16th of a teaspoon of caustic soda crystals, it should run up cold at about 4amps to start with and go to about 10amps - hope that helps a bit

cheers AL

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

so caustic soda is the electrolyte that stops you gragging heaps of amps???
i actually got some from supermarket a while back thinking it would come in handy

i got 2 peices hdd platter and had it in dist/salt and it was dragging about an amp and pissing bubblesout like insane around 10mm apart

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Shifteh wrote:
im in the prosess of building one , first for torche then car,,, try placeing 2 hardrive platters togeather , they have a small ammount of platnium on them and they pissout bubbels like insane, drag 16 amps thow

Try putting 5 plates together at about 2 mm apart and from each other and see what happens, it will greatly increase your yeild of HHO with + plate and - plate on the outsides and the 3 plates in the middle no power to them ok.

Also the HD platters wont last too long Shifteh mate get some 316L S/Steel plates they will do the trick.

cheers AL

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

As promised I made a video on the mobile phone of my booster in action, I apologise for the audio

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c299/ ... 042010.flv

The mobile didnt catch the loudness of the explosions but I think you get the idea lol

cheers AL

Posted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

LOL
thats awsome

i got a oxy/acet torch tip thingy , smallest opening i could find its an liquidarc, size 8 welding nozzle, cant wait to get the system going

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:04 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Shifteh mate make sure you have a gas explosion arrestor in the line somewhere before the outlet ok, if you want to make one you can get hold of some fine steel wool pads from the shops and stuff it into a copper tube and let the gas run thru that - if it explodes the gas before the tip it should stop at the steel wool.

I dont want to see you get burnt as this stuff (hydrogen & oxygen together) is very explosive, just to give you an idea HHO explodes at mach 2.5 (thats 2.5 times faster than the speed of sound) some boffins in the states theorised that if you lit up a meter line of petrol on a cement floor, by the time it has finished the line of fuel it would have burnt over 200 miles of hydrogen, now thats quick hey. But because you cant put a line of hydrogen on the ground it's a bit hard to prove.

Anyhow take precautions because you will be playing with atleast 15 psi of Hydrogen at the tip ok

cheers AL :D

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

so basically if it does go wrong ill be a cheeze and bacon toastie before i have time to even charge my splincer with energy to s**t myself

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Shifteh wrote:
so basically if it does go wrong ill be a cheeze and bacon toastie before i have time to even charge my splincer with energy to s**t myself

:lol: That would be a fair assumption - The main thing you would have to worry about is the explosion at the source of the HHO gas, it would be over before you knew it.

It sort of reminds me of a quote "What the f*** was that?" - Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

my ceuuramt test rig is 2x 1"1/2 x 1/2" plates i chopped up from disk to fit down chamber holes, spaced 1/4" fron each other

i have pipe going into to an old metho bottle and it bubbels about every second , small bubbels

next ring will involve large glass container with ss lid i saw , them selling at random places

Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hi Shifteh

Those glass jars you saw were from woolworths stores in the glassware isle I believe, they are approximatly 100mm round and 175mm high, they have a stainless steel lid with a neoprean thread on the inside of the lid, you can pull that out and glue it back in place otherwise you will get leaks as they are a pressed fitting only (make sure the thread goes all the way down to the base of the lid when glueing it back in ok.

You will also have to insulate the bolts going thru the S/Steel lid or they will short out and you dont want that with HHO hanging around LOL

I drilled the holes a bit larger than the bolts and used nylon washers to seal and insulate the bolts thru the lid, the nylon elbow should be at Bunnings in the gardening section isle 21 I think and you will need 2 brass nuts to screw the elbow into the lid (1 on top and 1 inside) then seal the whole of the inside of the lid with high temp selastic only, let it dry solid before trying it tho ok.

Also dont get any selastic on the nylon seal that the jar screws onto or it wont seal properly, you will see what I mean if you get one .

cheers AL

Sort by  
 Page 32 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next