Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: BRC VSI sequent 56 on AU2
Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AUII Futura

VIC, Australia

hi guys,
had the car on vsi for a little bit now. but it seems to have a problem with low down power. it kinda bogs down, then surges wen it reaches above ~2200rpm. also wen i have it consistently above that range, then back off (like coming to a stop). it really bogs down and slowly picks back up.
i've sent it back for a re-tune a few times but comes back the same..
anyone know where i can get a cable to tune it myself. or better a good tuner with a dyno around melb's western suburbs?
cheers guys

Post subject: Re: BRC VSI sequent 56 on AU2
Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:20 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Have you tried other things like your ignition components and oxygen sensor?

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Check Ebay in the UK or Europe for cables & interface kits, i bought my kit from Ebay UK for my Easyjet system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
Have you tried other things like your ignition components and oxygen sensor?

2 different sets of plugs (settling on bosch double platinums), new topgun max300 leads, new genuine ford coilpack, changed map sensor a while ago (feared faulty). might change it back? i'll also double check my connections of the leads to the coilpack today..

ToranaGuy wrote:
Check Ebay in the UK or Europe for cables & interface kits, i bought my kit from Ebay UK for my Easyjet system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

have been trying them, theres a few in germany but none respond to me and if they do they quote a ridiculous postage cost like 40EUR (more than the cost of the cable). was hoping for somewhere local.
thanks for the responses guys!

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I doubt you will find any interface kits locally. Any LPG place i asked about purchasing the interface said they don't sell them, or told me it wasn't legal.

They just don't want to loose their tune up business, where we have to go pay (I was paying $150) for a filter swap & electronic tune up, which might only take them 30 mins. Auto tune takes all of about 10mins, and the filters are at most $40 for my system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I doubt you will find any interface kits locally. Any LPG place i asked about purchasing the interface said they don't sell them, or told me it wasn't legal.

They just don't want to loose their tune up business, where we have to go pay (I was paying $150) for a filter swap & electronic tune up, which might only take them 30 mins. Auto tune takes all of about 10mins, and the filters are at most $40 for my system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

its ridiculous! i dread my first service haha.

a few other symptoms that might help diagnose it..
- a little bit of oil in the vac lines. is there a way to fix this anyhow? i'm using a metal pcv with reducer (from when i was on the mixer ring setup), but i'm guessing i should be able to use just the plastic one again (with no reducer)?
- also it hesitates on lpg wen revving in neutral (eg. *foot down*, *stutter*, *rev*)

its frustrating when hammering through a freeway exit, brake hard, and then to go back on the throttle and find its just bogged down and won't go anywhere with revs under 2200.. also taking off from standstill, i feel like had more torque on the old mixer setup!
havn't gotten around to checking map sensor as its a b**ch to get out. is there an easy way to test it?
thanks, adam

Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

No easy way to check the map sensor that i know of.

What spark plug gap are you running? I set them .1 smaller than factory on my EB, ie 0.9mm gap. Helped heaps with low down torque.

Oil in the vac lines sounds like a bit of blow by, all engines will have some, but it shouldn't be excessive. What color are the spark plugs when you pull them out? You might find the car is a bit lean down low...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ended up changin MAP sensor today for a spare one i had laying around. helped 100%. not sure how long it'll last but happy how its running well now. i might even buy a new map sensor seein as its 290k old.
will re-gap plugs today too.
what i did notice was that the map sensor i changed was very oily and the 2 probes were very close.
this leads me to believe the oil in vac lines may be gettin blown onto the map sensor?
any ideas?

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've never seen a healthy engine blow oil that far up a vac line to contaminate a MAP sensor. I would be suggesting a compression test on the engine, to see what's going on. I'm thinking that the rings are probably worn.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

its a fresh engine... 0km's and was run in nicely. it doesn't go through any oil.. (now 5000km's..)
i'm not sure i'm using the right term.. the hose that is connected right next to the map sensor and attaches to the pcv valve? vents the rocker cover..?
thats the one with a bit of oil in it. also the one on the intake piping and the rear of the case.
would a catch can setup fix this or is that just a bandaid fix and the engine shouldnt be doing this.
cheers adam

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Were the hoses cleaned out when the engine was rebuilt? Could they just have been oily from the old engine by some chance?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Were the hoses cleaned out when the engine was rebuilt? Could they just have been oily from the old engine by some chance?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

they werent cleaned with any fluid as such. i might give them a good clean and see what happens
i'm going to the wreckers tomorow if i get a chance, going to get a plastic pcv valve, as i've been told they have less flow.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I don't know about them having less flow. Metal ones are usually used on LPG cars to they don't break due to a backfire.

The pcv valve you have might be jammed open with crap & need a good clean too. That would allow too much blow by into the intake system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

BRC 56 not only need a cable but the software is dongled as well.
I tried a UK seller which had the BRC24 cables but the BRC56 ones are unavailable.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I don't know about them having less flow. Metal ones are usually used on LPG cars to they don't break due to a backfire.

The pcv valve you have might be jammed open with crap & need a good clean too. That would allow too much blow by into the intake system.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
I believe the newer plastic ones (black as opposed to grey I think) are used to stop as much oil being sucked back into the intake. As said they can release the ball into the motor on a backfire but this should not be a problem on SVI LPG.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next