Fordmods Logo

ED on to straight gas? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: ED on to straight gas?
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

hey guys, im looking into getting straight gas for my ED fairmont, atm its dual fuel, not sure what type of gas system it currently has but its kinda average leans out at high revs etc.

what im wondering is what you guys would recommend me doing? i will be going after performance. not turbo (at least not for a while) im looking for a strong NA engine wanting to pull at least 170 at the rear. im guessing my engine is gonna need a rebuild so it can cope with some extra power? i got a ported and polished head from another guy, haven't seen what it can do yet.

im thinking it might just be an idea to go with an EF/L engine and get some work done on that. have the BBM etc off that installed. be looking at a REALLY lumpy cam, to go with the manual, and be picking up an after market ECU.

back to the gas questions, what are my best options to get maximum power out of gas? i hear some people say that Gas Research is the way to go, but others don't recommend it. one person i was talking to also mentioned something about multi-point injection with gas, where it pumps it in from 2 sides so it wont lean out?

any advice you can give would be great.

*car specs, ED fairmont with manual conversion, stock engine, extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with metal cat, hot dog and muffler. XH snorkel with EA airbox. 3.27 LSD

thanks in advance.

** oh and would anyone know somewhere decent to go in SA to look at getting some of this work done? gonna head to bruice hindrich for the engine work i think, but not sure where to head for the gas help.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

anyone??

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Give it a rebulid and make sure you give it about 11:1 compression, LPG goes well with plently of compression.

As for fuel, I think you may need a larger mixer and regulator to allow more fuel to flow, but I'm not 100% sure on the LPG fuel systems.

You can however now get a LIQUID injection system for LPG vehicles. It's not cheap and I think you will need a petrol fuel system for a liquid gas system to start on.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yea i have heard of liquid injection before, but im struggling to find anyone that deals with it...

basicly i know im loseing power by having dual fuel, and i want do go gas as not many people are doing it on a daily driver. need to keep hunting i guess, thats why i posted up here to see peoples thoughts seems they are just as stumped.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:00 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I think it's a more petrol based forum.

I'll look for a liquid injection site and post it to you when I find it.

Sorry I can't be too much help, but I'm not up to speed on all things gas.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yea, ive tried my luck over on AFF, seems to be a couple of people over their that know a bit, now if they just reply to my topic :p

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]