Fordmods Logo

EF on gas injection, power? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: EF on gas injection, power?
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:28 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
There are now emissions certified mixer systems for the BA's? Wow, i remember a couple years ago asking around about mixer type conversion for a mate who has a BA, he was trying to be a real tight ar$e, and nobody would quote, the excuse i got at the time was they couldn't due to emissions reasons. That must have changed, but why would anyone bother with such an out dated system on such a modern car? He ended up getting an injection system fit, and it's power & economy now makes him wonder why he was thinking about being so stingy with the install originally. lol.

I completely agree with you there. I believe that initially, there was a lack of interest within the manufacturers and distributors to certify mixer-based systems for BAs because they are that much more temperamental with these types of systems. The E-gas system passed emissions certification and mostly likely so would any other mixer-based system. Thing is, do you REALLY want to subject a BA/BF (which is most likely your pride and joy) to a crappy LPG system that will drain you of 30kW+ of power and risk damaging your engine (backfires) just to save a few hundred bucks?

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
There are now emissions certified mixer systems for the BA's? Wow, i remember a couple years ago asking around about mixer type conversion for a mate who has a BA, he was trying to be a real tight ar$e, and nobody would quote, the excuse i got at the time was they couldn't due to emissions reasons. That must have changed, but why would anyone bother with such an out dated system on such a modern car? He ended up getting an injection system fit, and it's power & economy now makes him wonder why he was thinking about being so stingy with the install originally. lol.

I completely agree with you there. I believe that initially, there was a lack of interest within the manufacturers and distributors to certify mixer-based systems for BAs because they are that much more temperamental with these types of systems. The E-gas system passed emissions certification and mostly likely so would any other mixer-based system. Thing is, do you REALLY want to subject a BA/BF (which is most likely your pride and joy) to a crappy LPG system that will drain you of 30kW+ of power and risk damaging your engine (backfires) just to save a few hundred bucks?

Regards,
Dave

The power & risk issues are very good reasons to NOT get a mixer setup on such a new car. It was the 2 deciding factors why i went injected lpg, which i did now over 5 years ago & more than 200,000kms ago. Sure it was expensive compared to the value of the car, but when you plan on keeping them, investments like that pay off, i'm saving many thousands of dollars each year and have good power because of the injection system.

We have to remember most people convert to LPG because they are trying to be huge tight ar$es, and worry more about saving a buck now instead of comparing TCO & making a decision, when you factor in the possible issues the older systems can have & cause if not setup & maintained correctly.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:02 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Completely agreed.

As they say, 'the poor man pays twice'.

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3