Fordmods Logo

el 98 tickford gas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: el 98 tickford gas
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

great system but when i start the car in the morning cold weather i find the lpg switch does not light up and i know it should be on gas so i go to press it and it does nothing it does not change over so the car runs on petrol but when the car warms up the car changes over to gas all by itself and the gas light comes on the switch when this problem is happening the car is gutless

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

gtterri wrote:
great system but when i start the car in the morning cold weather i find the lpg switch does not light up and i know it should be on gas so i go to press it and it does nothing it does not change over so the car runs on petrol but when the car warms up the car changes over to gas all by itself and the gas light comes on the switch when this problem is happening the car is gutless
so is the car gutless when its changing over from gas to petrol or just when its cold on petrol..

correct me if im wrong but dual fuel systems operate that way where when the engine is cold the car starts on petrol until a certain temp is reached and the gas kicks in by itself and from there you can toggle between them. its alot harder to start a car on gas on a cold morning and this would make your battery work harder and the performance of the vehicle may be crap and missing and all that so it sounds like it may be working alrite but like i said correct me if im wrong

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Tickford system will always start on petrol, and 1/2 second after it fires on petrol, it will change to gas if gas is selected before you start

Post subject: tickford el 98 falcon
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I found out it is the vialle gas computer not ecu that causes this problem when it is cold .So i need to find out if you can fix them and if so who or where i can buy one

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]