Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Emmegas???
Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

Howdy all

Finally got gas on my EF and asked for a Sprint Gas System

Only one slight problem, everything up to the converter is Sprint Gas from what I can see however the converter and computer is branded EmmeGas?

I've never heard of it has anyone else?

So far I'm relatively unimpressed with it to be honest, won't rev much past 3500 and unless its warm will stall on first start, if its cold forget about running smoothly until the engines at operating temp.

So again has anyone heard of it and what do you think I should do?
I was expecting an OMVL R90 converter and computer like the guy at Sprint Gas had told me and the guy there when I first made inquiries a few months ago, at this point I'm tempted to call up on monday and tell them I'm not impressed with it at all any other suggestions are welcome

My EL Gli.

Post subject: Re: Emmegas???
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon RTV

QLD, Australia

ALL gas systems DO NOT like being started on LPG.You risk backfires if you do this, you may get away with starting on LPG during summer but not for the next few months (winter).

Even the SVI systems run petrol till a preset temperture is reached before switching over.

All older style LPG systems will stall on start up first thing at the start of the day, they are suposed to run injectors for a few seconds so the LPG can filter thru etc., Depends on the system and what it can do?

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Thats the thing it is designed to start on petrol but soon after it changes to gas it stalls, thats the Sprint Gas part it i were to go through the system it would look something like this for brands

Tank - Sprint Gas
Filler - Sprint Gas
LPG Switch - Sprint Gas
Gas Controller (switch from petrol to gas) - Presuming its Sprint Gas
Converter - Emmegas
Converter Computer - Emmegas
Mixer - No Idea

So the question really is, should that be Emmegas? I was under the strong impression from speaking to Sprint Gas themselves and the place I got it done that it would be an OMVL R90 Converter and ECU but this is not the case, will be ringing Sprint Gas tomorrow (monday) to find out if this is correct or not, if not i'll ring the place that did it back up and complain if no joy might be a Emmegas converter and such for sale here soon when i change it to an OMVL converter.

Also has anyone heard of EmmeGas Systems before? if so opinions are welcome

My EL Gli.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If you requested a sprintgas system then the installer should give u a sprintgas system as thats what you asked for. I would call sprintgas and find out if they supply the converter and computer as sometimes they will run out of there own stock and supply an equal alternative so this might be the case but call and make sure.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
If you requested a sprintgas system then the installer should give u a sprintgas system as thats what you asked for. I would call sprintgas and find out if they supply the converter and computer as sometimes they will run out of there own stock and supply an equal alternative so this might be the case but call and make sure.

Yeah I will be rining tomorrow and will let everyone know how it goes

My EL Gli.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

basstrom_dave wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

Yeah I will be rining tomorrow and will let everyone know how it goes

So how did you go?

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

well I rang Sprint Gas and supprise supprise its not the right system rang up the place and they said oh but you didn't ask for it and after much deliberating I convinced them that I had asked for the Sprint Gas system, however they hit me up for another $100 to put it on :evil: anyway, I've got the sprint gas system on and its running well, but just a bit concerned with the economy about 400k's on the open road doesn't seem right to me, however I'm giving it a bit of time to see if it settles and get them to check it over again in a few weeks.

My EL Gli.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford AU series 2 Wagon

VIC, Australia

hi there i have the emmegas sytem on my AU i found to get 550k's per tank in my wagon i think its a about 55litre tank costs about 30 to fill from empty in cbd area, however the injection gas systems do require more maintenace than the older converter systems a service every 20,000 kilometres to change gaseous filter, and soak injectors in diesel.....to clean the insides out, the diesel acts as a lubricator

wagoff

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:18 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

The gas filter on our injected LPG Commodore has lasted 30,000km and is still perfectly clean, as is the regulator. I've heard stories of those gas filters lasting over 80,000km. The injectors have never needed a service either. The only thing that really needs to be done every 20,000km (or 12 months) is a fuel map re-calibration.

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford AU series 2 Wagon

VIC, Australia

I know of a mechanic who has great experience in tuning the emmegas systems he runs under the company NAME( PreStock Motors )its located in brunswick don't have

Pre Stock Motors Pty .(03) 9386 6884
57 Breese St
Brunswick VIC 3056

he can fix any problem you have no question about it as i have the same system emmegas.

TIPS before tuning fill petrol tank with 98 octane, get service, high performance leads and plugs.. great power output....he has my tune saved all he has to do id upload it
i got au i6 emmegas lpg output power is same or better than 98 octane...no jokes..

wagoff

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

eagleaus wrote:
ALL gas systems DO NOT like being started on LPG.You risk backfires if you do this, you may get away with starting on LPG during summer but not for the next few months (winter).

Even the SVI systems run petrol till a preset temperture is reached before switching over.

All older style LPG systems will stall on start up first thing at the start of the day, they are suposed to run injectors for a few seconds so the LPG can filter thru etc., Depends on the system and what it can do?

thats why i love my gas system. Impco model J convertor and Impco 200 mixer. even if it absolutely freezing it'll fire right up and idle sweet. just until it warms up the throttle response is a bit crappy

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ended up getting the sprintgas system put on now getting about 300-320ks around town to a tank, will have to get it tuned soon though, not running right

My EL Gli.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

where did you go for the install mate?

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

place called ProGas here in Adelaide, still haven't had a chance to go get it properly tuned, lack of funds and also been busy with christmas time but... in the next few weeks will definitely get it looked at

My EL Gli.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]