Fordmods Logo

gas on xg 5 speed manual ute ?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: gas on xg 5 speed manual ute ??
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: MANUAL EF XR6 WGN

QLD, Australia

hi was just wondering if its possible to put gas on a manual xg ute i have been told i cant but have seen cars with it on wat effects does it have ??? cheers

EF XR6 WGN LOWERED FG 19' XR6T RIMS SOUND SYS, 2 1/2' EXAUST

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Should not be a proplem.
Some gas converters are reluctant to convert any thing with a manual box, as some cars like VN-VT 6 and 8 Holdens have back fire issues when they are manual and on gas. Steer clear of these converters as they are ether ignorant or disinterested in there work. Or there trying to sell you a gas injektion system. There are know real problems with ford 6 and v8 as long as you get a good installer with a good system like impco and keep it tuned.
The only sort of issue you have is that your rev limiteris disabled as it operatesbuy cutting fuel to injectors, which could coz a backfire, which could blow your gas mixer or air box or even your inlet-manifold. Can happen with autos as well. You do have to give it a big over rev thru. Valve bounce i think. Been driving manual fords eb's and au 6 and 8 for 10years and more then 350000km combined. Not one backfire.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I have an LPG Injection setup in my EB, it's an EasyJet system. I also now have a manual gearbox in the EB, it was auto when converted.

I have not had any problems at all with intake backfires, and my rev & speed limiters still function as per factory design EVEN ON LPG! This is due to the way the LPG Injection interacts with the petrol injection, the petrol ECU still thinks it's running the petrol injectors, even tho they are not firing, and the lpg ECU has taken the petrol injection timings, modified them for LPG & then fired the lpg injectors.

On an old mixer type, sometimes refered to a gas donut that fits in front of the throttle body, you could have issues if the car was a manual, as they rev a lot faster, and those older systems do cut the petrol injectors differently compared to INJECTION systems.

I know of a number of gas fitters that will not fit anything but LPG Injection systems to EFI car's now, no matter if they are auto or manual. Yes the systems cost more, but i have found my LPG Injection system far better than the factory Tickford LPG in my mums ED. In terms of engine smoothness, power, reliability, and economy. For those reasons you can't blame gas fitters not fitting anything else.

Only reason you wouldn't fit LPG Injection to a car today is either penny pinching or the car isn't EFI to start with!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]