Gas system failed 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Gas system failed
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:07 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Was the petrol side running okay after the backfire - you should be able to guess where I'm leading with this.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

jibsta wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
lol tell your bro to go get qualified for gas - then he may actually become usefull!

Well he is alot more useful than you. The only thing you are useful for is leaving sarcastic comments. Tell you what, Bring your car to any spot in melbourne, my brother will bring his car to the same spot, and munch you in a drag race with his VT GEN-III which he pulled out the engine, worked the hell out of it, to over 350kw, reworked his suspension and brakes. He attends and wins illegal drag races with his crew. I am no mechanic, I am a huge Ford fan and I hate Holdens, but there is nothing at those drags that have beaten his car, except for one time and I think it was one of those nissans 350z's with a hundred grand spent on it. He is the best mechanic I have ever seen, and I don't think you can compare yourself to him. You are talking to me, not to him. Like I said I am not a mechanic.

No 1 gives a fuk about your brothers gen 3 vt, is that how you win your battles? Talking s**t about your mothers brothers auntys sisters cousins wifes sons car? Haha

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

jibsta wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
lol tell your bro to go get qualified for gas - then he may actually become usefull!

Well he is alot more useful than you. The only thing you are useful for is leaving sarcastic comments. Tell you what, Bring your car to any spot in melbourne, my brother will bring his car to the same spot, and munch you in a drag race with his VT GEN-III which he pulled out the engine, worked the hell out of it, to over 350kw, reworked his suspension and brakes. He attends and wins illegal drag races with his crew. I am no mechanic, I am a huge Ford fan and I hate Holdens, but there is nothing at those drags that have beaten his car, except for one time and I think it was one of those nissans 350z's with a hundred grand spent on it. He is the best mechanic I have ever seen, and I don't think you can compare yourself to him. You are talking to me, not to him. Like I said I am not a mechanic.

yeh well how about we meet in tokoyo! and we'll drift battle it out! I hope your bro is a huge c**t cause he has to rock up in his VT at the end of the movie - and i'll take that hot asian chick home and bang her and we'll live happily ever after!

wait.. your cars not running cause gas is f**k, sorry dude! :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Ah the fun that happens when the kiddies get internet access! :roll:
BTW I hope that you get it sorted safely dude! don't bother answering back to them just ignore the ignorant.

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
madmax wrote:
Quote:
gas in dangerous thats y you need a cert.

So is petrol!!

You only need a certificate because the governments brought in certification to stop dodgy work being done on car LPG systems. In the past a licensed mechanic was qualified to fix and repair LPG systems. Now I agree with tickford_6 these days you should take it to a certified LPG mechanic. However I don't see why people can't share a little info so people can get out of a jam. Nothing wrong with learning a bit about the mysteries of your car.

What amazes me is every time I see one of these threads it turns it a b**ch fight

What amazes me is an attitude like yours.

Although I agree about the petrol. My best friend, who is a mechanic of 10 years, is currently laying in a hospital bed with burns to his face arms and chest, (%27 of his body) because of a intake backfire that spat a manifold full of petrol back at him.

But being a gas fitter and knowing the real dangers of LPG, petrol has nothing on LPG when it come to danger and a poor condtion has the potential to far more damage to property and people then a petrol system.

My Attitude!
That's because in 1987 I built and installed a perfectly compliant LPG system myself. Yes it can be done or I should say it could be. Today I wouldn't dream of it. At the time I learnt a lot about LPG but today's systems are far more complicated that I too would leave it to the experts. But I don't know why your having a go at me, I was agreeing with you!

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2