Fordmods Logo

Impco L converter vs Aussie B2 converter??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Impco L converter vs Aussie B2 converter???
Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

www.advancelpg.com.au

Ask for John and tell him Michael with the white XR6 recommend you, he is a top bloke and bends over backwards for his customers. Sam does the Gas installs there and he is also a very nice guy there. I know them through a friend who sends all his taxi's and customers to them for LPG install.

When they tuned my previous EL falcon on LPG they got me an extra 50kms to a tank so im hoping i get good kms with this new LPG kit as well. I'll report back each week on how much i get to a tank and get a average over a couple months use.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

It looks neat but i don't like the very very very long lpg fuel line from the converter to the mixer. That will reduce your throttle response. If your car is just a daily driver & you don't drive it hard you might not notice, but if you give it some stick, you probably will.

As for the Impco Vs B2 converters, i've been told if your using the GRA Throttle body, there's a good reason to use the B2, something about the spring pressure inside the converter is different between the Impco & B2, and the GRA works better with the B2. But that might be just gas fitter B$, which we all know there's a lot of B$ out there about lpg hardware!

Can anyone add anything to this in regards to the spring pressure?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ed futura classic straight gas

VIC, Australia

regarding spring pressure with these converters...

the spring tension can be changed to allow the secondary seat to lift easier, this is required for the GRA stuff as it needs the converter to be more sensative to changes in throttle movement.
the impco model L and E spring tensions can also be changed to suit this application as the b2 converter uses the same spring out of these converters.

so the GRA stuff can use impco L's u just gotta change the spring the same with the b2 conv......

gas is not only for BBQ's
ed build in progress
351 stroker 12.5:1 comp straight gas
3.9:1 diff gears and various other mods

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

HELL LPG wrote:
regarding spring pressure with these converters...

the spring tension can be changed to allow the secondary seat to lift easier, this is required for the GRA stuff as it needs the converter to be more sensative to changes in throttle movement.
the impco model L and E spring tensions can also be changed to suit this application as the b2 converter uses the same spring out of these converters.

so the GRA stuff can use impco L's u just gotta change the spring the same with the b2 conv......

Interesting, and seeing the way the GRA meters the gas, i can see why the spring pressure would need to be changed. I'll have to talk to my gas joint & get a kit for the L with the spring to suit the b2.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2