Fordmods Logo

Info about lpg setup 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Info about lpg setup
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I have an ef with lpg fitted, the system has a lambada control unit connected to it which Ive never seen before. Does this mean the car monitors the afr and adjusts it on the fly ? Also the ring where the gas comes in to the intake is insanley small about half the size of the intake is there other replacments which dont impede the intake as much ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Info about lpg setup
Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

Yes it does. Any car that has an oxygen sensor is supposed to run whats called closed loop, this means it has a gas processor which uses the oxy sensor to adjust the mixtures whilst being driven, they usually go to open loop at idle. The idea of the small ring is to create a venturi to draw the gas in. This is called a positive feed system, A negative feed system uses a diaphragm type mixer and does not reduce the intake as much. Best option is vapor injection, Liquid is too hard to install as an up grade, Coz you need a new tank. Regards Alan TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I knew the ecu ran like that, but yeah this is a seperate unit on the inside of the guard just for the lpg which suprised me. Ive seen some vapour injection kits for like 600 buck with all under the hood gear which might be the go for a retrofit.

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

maca_404 wrote:
I knew the ecu ran like that, but yeah this is a seperate unit on the inside of the guard just for the lpg which suprised me. Ive seen some vapour injection kits for like 600 buck with all under the hood gear which might be the go for a retrofit.

That's normal for an injected car. Those vapor kits will be ok on a stock or very close to stock I6, good value for money too.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]