Fordmods Logo

Installed balance pipe now what to do? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Installed balance pipe now what to do?
Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef xr6 wagon

NSW, Australia

As above i have just installed a balance pipe as the s**t installer didn't fit one. Whats to best way to give it a tune to get it running good till i get it tuned propper?

Post subject: Re: Installed balance pipe now what to do?
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Just have had my ef lpg installed and the installer mentioned without the balance pipe the gas cannot be tuned properly.The installer has to retune it at his expense ,after said and done without the balance pipe it is not installed to Australian Standard .This only applys to the RING gas feeder to the inlet air of the car.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ef_gas wrote:
Just have had my ef lpg installed and the installer mentioned without the balance pipe the gas cannot be tuned properly.The installer has to retune it at his expense ,after said and done without the balance pipe it is not installed to Australian Standard .This only applys to the RING gas feeder to the inlet air of the car.

There is nothing in AS1425 that says a balance pipe must be fitted.
It's there to compensate for the ram-air effect that can happen at high speed.

If you can prove that by not fitting the balance line that the AFRs were dangerous or the car had drivability issues then you may have grounds to have it fixed for free. Though I doubt it would be worth the arguement.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I won't mention names but I recently about 4 months ago had my lpg system installed,there was alot of faults 22 to be exact ,the system was check by industry regulatory body,after written complaint. .U know what the Installer was made to fix it properly .Now the Installer said that without the balance pipe on ring mixer U cannot adequetly tune the LPG system. Thus the the system is not complying with Australian Standard.The Installer was made to Pay for the Inspection .
My other option was to go consummer affairs which would have cost me $33.00+.
I am a bit of a softy I Payed for a new o2 sensor as the system was not able to be tuned.
U see ounce an installer collect my money and give out the certification on gas to my car he or she is reponsible for the Install to be in Australian Standard.
I dare say this Installer has a good reputation ,but in this case he admitted he was too busy and standards went down.
It was expensive for him and I doubt this will happen again.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

I find that very hard to believe,

Show me the part of AS1425 that it comes under.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

J just told U facts ,The Installer was charge $350 fee for the Inspection that was cariied out by aarfb.
To go any further have give U dates and names .I believe everyone deserves a second chance.
So I am leaving at that, needless to say this installer will do the right thing in future.
If any one has a query the the best people to contact is aafrb contact tomara at 03 98626700 ,email tomara@aarfb.com.au.I have found them very good at resolving the dispute
LPG Installers will co-operate and fix the problem.I did give the Installer an opportunityto rectify the faults.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

It's pretty simple mate. AS1425 IS the Austrailian standard. Tell me the clause number.

Before you go claiming something is covered by the standard, perhaps you should at least read it.

It's also pretty piss poor to charge $350 for what the rest of the industry does for about $80.

If you could find all these faults surely you have a copy of the standard and it would be no trouble to dig it out and let us all know what clauses in the standard actualy cover the fitting of a balance line

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:53 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I still got copies of the invoice and letter requesting faults be rectified,Any one thinking they can avoid there Responsibility ,not abide Australian Standard take heed to the Consequenses.
In my opinion he got off Lucky ,in the end I was on his side as long car LPG Installation was bought into Australian Standard .
The Industry has taken notice of the Consequenses .

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

What clause does it come under? It's a simple question.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

As the Inspector stated the car when Issued with LPG certification Plate it must be TUNED and the CAR was not running well at all thus he said car does not comply Australia Standard.
I did not asked him which clause. U are welcome to ring and ask Urself.
The Reall Question Is a ring Mixer LPG without a balance pipe able to run well or put it in another way can the lpg car be properly tuned without the balance pipe. Installer NO , Inspector No . In my opinion driving car without balance pipe runs a bit rough.With a balance pipe runs alot smoother and less back fire and the car does not stop working suddenly due lpg not working when driving at a certain speed and stop.
I have made my POINT we as Custommers Do not have to ACCEPT sub standard work that does not comply with Australia Standard.

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Don't worry mate I already have spoken witha number people about it.
There is nothing in the standard that even vaguely backs up your story.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I am not worry about it ,As the Old saying goes Action speak louder than Words.Action did occur in my CASE.
Have to waite for another unfortunate Installer to be Ropped in. Then the conversation will continue on.
I think we have exhausted the topic.Thanks again for Ur input.
Noticed the lpg board is taking out full spread newspaper Advertisement trying to drum up business.
Best of luck in Ur endevours.

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Well we haven't really. As you have provided no proof or evidence at all.
But hey If you like to spread s**t on the net that's up to you.

I have the standards to which we all have to comply with, My work complies with it.
IF the chief inspector ever puts into writing that a balance hose must be fitted, then yeah you'd have a point. But as he hasn't, you don't.

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I am only refering to my LPG INSTALLATION ford falcon.
I have not Provided any proof or evidence due to I keep my BL..DY WORD to the Installer that he do the Right thing by me ,that I will only give him work, not NAME HIM in PUBLIC for His Past Miss-deed.
Which I might Add he has LEARNED from..
I never SAID that is in the Australian Standard it must have a Balanced Pipe .But I did say the .aafrb Inspector told me that Australian Standard Specifys the car must be TUNED. IN my CASE It needs a balance PIPE to be TUNED.
I have all the copies Paper work of the LPG Installation on file,correspondence with aafrb and the Installer correspondence copies as well.Yes I have even copy of the invoice to the Installer for arrfb inspection When a custommer complaints to arrfb it is looked at seriously.
I Guese U have Asked around the Traps.It didn't happen U may say.
To FORDMORDS the Point I am making is LPG installation have to abide by AUSTRALIAN standards.
The only time I will show this Copies is in Court,If needed.
ARRFB is 100 % funded by the Industry ,I was inform by arrfb.

THIS is last Post I am making on this subject.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]