Fordmods Logo

Just had my car put on LPG, what range should i expect? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Just had my car put on LPG, what range should i expect?
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL fairlane

VIC, Australia

Hi all, after as long time of thinking bad about lpg i finally submitted to the need for cheaper fuel and now my EA is duel fuel.
I had the job done by a south dandenong workshop with a good reputation from a few people i know, he did it for $2000, so it cost me only $14 for the ownership paper from vicroads so i could claim the rebate.
Its an IMVL system, the installer said hes been using them for 14 years and reckons theyre alright.
A week after i had it installed i upgraded my exhaust to hitech extractors and cat and 2.5" catback so i didnt get much chance to scrutinise the difference in power, but when driving on petrol i feel a little more power and a lot more when i floor it in the high revs i guess it just cant feed enough gas into the engine at the high load times, would this be correct?
Overall im happy, i get a free tune after 1000 km, and it costs $40 to fill when empty.
Im getting about 400km a tank economy, and i hammer it on power (im preparing for a new engine), i think the tank holds 60 litre, is this decent economy or is it running rich?
the o2 sensor is a bit slow but still working, i know this will effect it marginally.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]