loss of power? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

AU99 wrote:
its part of the throttle body itself - would be rare as rocking horse poo to get one. last one I seen was on Ebay, went for about $150

So that would make it a modified throttle body, yep reasonably rare. It wouldn't suffer from the same level of power loss compared to a more traditional mixer that you find on a EA-AU falcon. Sometimes called gas donut's due to their size & shape.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

and the fact of the LPG maps in the ECU as well. That I guess would make a difference as well

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

AU99 wrote:
and the fact of the LPG maps in the ECU as well. That I guess would make a difference as well

I believe it does, as i have been told the spark map is changed to suit the fuel the car is running on at the time.

I've got injected gas on my EB, but i'm sure there is more power to be had if i can fiddle the spark maps, so i'm looking at getting some piggy back hardware for the petrol ecu to let me change the spark maps. :twisted:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I cam spin the wheels of the lights on LPG but cant of Petrol.... go figure that one out... got me stuffed.

Guess they did their homework on that one.

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

AU99 wrote:
I cam spin the wheels of the lights on LPG but cant of Petrol.... go figure that one out... got me stuffed.

Guess they did their homework on that one.

Traction control while on petrol, but it doesn't work when on LPG?

I know of a couple of late model commodes that are dual fuel, and the traction control doesn't work while on lpg. lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

My CPI EA was not particularly fast on petrol and got overtaken by continental drift on LPG.. I think LPG systems have come on a bit since 1990 though.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

it doesnt have traction control - Its a Taxi pack special LOL

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
My CPI EA was not particularly fast on petrol and got overtaken by continental drift on LPG.. I think LPG systems have come on a bit since 1990 though.

Yes they have. I had an early 90's system on my old Lh Torana, man on lpg that thing was also able to be overtaken by continental drift. :oops: No so anymore, once i get the T04 & gas research gear running. :twisted: My EB with the LPGI system, man, that thing goes like $hit off a stick.

Au99, You sure taxi's don't have traction control?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
fnp wrote:

Yes they have. I had an early 90's system on my old Lh Torana, man on lpg that thing was also able to be overtaken by continental drift. :oops: No so anymore, once i get the T04 & gas research gear running. :twisted: My EB with the LPGI system, man, that thing goes like $hit off a stick.

Au99, You sure taxi's don't have traction control?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Half the time taxis don't even get cloth trim.. suppose its a lot easier to clean vinyl after some drunks have spent the night throwing up though.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Cloth trim's would be a PITA to keep clean in a vehicle with such a high amount of use! I have trouble keeping my ghia velour trim clean. I miss the vinyl trim in the torana, so much easier to keep clean. :D

But considering the miles a taxi does, i woulda thought traction control would be a no brainer to fit!

I spied an Egas BF @ the ford dealer today, when picking up some more parts for my EB. The LPG is fed into the top of the throttle body, so i take it ford modified it to either be like a Gas Research throttle body or it just has a glorified amos ring fit into the top of the tb, just above the butterfly?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOL Mines the not so povo taxi-pak its got cloth seats. Its still Vic taxi yellow too, dont see many yellow AU's over here in SA.

The throttle body has the amos ring in thr top of the body right before the butterfly, still uses the stock induction pipe but has a bit cut out of it so it still goes on (cos of the pipe sticking out). All I can say that and the LPG maps it goes pretty good off the line, even gives an AU XR6 on petrol a run for its money too. I have surprised a couple of them now :)

Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1994 ED Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Au motors mate :wink: :mrgreen:

1994 ED Fairmont Champaign Gold - AU Series II Intech 4.0L - EL EFI - Thermo Fans - 4.11 LSD - Pacemaker 4480 Into Custom 3" Exhaust - Shift Kit
In Progress: EL 4 Speed Auto- 3000 STALL - To be fitted
EF Tickford Race Spec Head Port- In the shop
Custom SureCam - Chiptorque

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR6 with BF Turbo engine

NSW, Australia

my EL (AU VCT engine) has 2kw difference between petrol and LPG, but looses approx 30nm of torque. This runs a Impco system.

It may also be the fuel is soooo old and stale that there would be a bigger difference with fresh fuel

RIP :( 1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering RIP

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2