LPG Consumption 

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: LPG Consumption
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

What sort of consumption are you guys getting on factory LPG on EL Series Litres per 100km, Highway and City, What sort of power loss compared to petrol ? Cheers

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

You can notice quite a difference when you remove the mixer ring so I would say 10kw, this is about what ford are saying. Around town I got around 320K's per tank and highway around 450. This did not change noticably when I went from 3.08 to 3.45 diff ratios nor did it change when I went from auto to manual. I recently installled a GRA carb and disabled the stepper and now get over 400 in town with better performance but i don't have a highway sample as yet. The Tickford system is designed to meet ADR and also wastes a bit in richening to keep the CAT alive, in my opinion it is not the best system to have.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I know my mums EB with the Tickford factory LPG system get's around the 300kms a tank mark, with a 45lt gas capacity tank, so 15/100 around town. The system isn't much different to what's in the later E series factory lpg systems.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Interesting im averaging about 21L per 100 around town and 14L per 100 Freeway driving. Does that sound about right. I dont drive it hard either except the occasional when needed. Cheers

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

eb AU GAS SYSTEM

500+km's from 68 litres freeway driving-no power loss-at all.even stock V8's cant keep up (eb-d's that is) I know its a joke!!! but true..

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

soemtimes your gas just gets lucky, like some cars are just built quicker (same model, same engine) its the luck of the draw sometimes.... Also factor in the engine wear, the set up of the unit, timing etc...

Scattered cars, scattered women, scattered memory...

Thank god I've only got the last one!!!

Can't remember anything else = )

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
Interesting im averaging about 21L per 100 around town and 14L per 100 Freeway driving. Does that sound about right. I dont drive it hard either except the occasional when needed. Cheers

If you don't drive it hard, that sounds too high!

I've got an LPG Injection system in my EB, and driving it hard, i'm getting about 16-17/100 around town & 13 on the highway. If i drive it softer, say 2k shifts, i can knock a few ltrs/100 off those figures. Highway i can get it to just under 10/100 & around town 13/100.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: F350, EF2 Ghia, XC & Corty

Power: 218 rwkw

VIC, Australia

It's more about who sets it up. How good they get the mixtures, and also what components they use...

13.28@103.73mph

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

wow faster than an 8 on lpg. funny about the variation on power between the exact same models with same setup.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

balizticbobo wrote:
It's more about who sets it up. How good they get the mixtures, and also what components they use...

Good setup & good hardware make all the difference. Get either wrong and you get a crappy running setup. My LPG Injection used to run very average when it was first installed. Turned out the intake manifold wasn't bolted on tight, only finger tight, so the car had a massive vacume leak. Fixed that up & re tuned it, then it was running more like it should.

Now i've done a few mods, and re tuned to suit, and it really hauls a***. Suprises a few ppl when they realise it's running on taxi fuel. :D

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
wow faster than an 8 on lpg. funny about the variation on power between the exact same models with same setup.

Eb-d 8's are a good towin engine thats about it... unless you pour money into the mods of em.. anyone will tell ya that
diff heads
throttle body
ecu

then you have 200+ kw :-)-----and that will kill my old wagon...im just sayin coz I have driven other gas falx and they are slow as all f**k with flat spots.....my car has flat spots on petrol *lol* it loves gas....

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

ghia97 wrote:

That's pretty high, When i first got my licence i was doing 22L per 100km, i stopped driving it as hard and got it down to about 18L per 100km which i though it still way too high. So i changed the spark plugs, coil pack, and ignition leads and now im usually around 11L per 100km and even when i drive it real hard i can only get it up to around 14L per 100km. My car was also back firing before i changed those parts and it hasn't since i have changed them. Also noticed a considerbale increase in power when running on gas, as before i found myself only just beating camrys and even excels but now i blow away commodores and silvias and my mont only has a few mods here and there. Just goes to show how much LPG needs a good spark to run well. Before i used to switch to petrol if i wanted to give it a bit but now the gain when in petrol isn't worth me wasting my petrol as my LPG isn't that much slower.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Post subject: LPG Tanks
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Do LPG Tanks usually sweat? on the outside sometimes after cold nights or is it just condensation. Cheers

Post subject: Re: LPG Tanks
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
Do LPG Tanks usually sweat? on the outside sometimes after cold nights or is it just condensation. Cheers

It's just condensation, as the gas is rather cold inside the tank in it's compressed state.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: condensation
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks was unsure

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next