Post subject: Re: LPG GAS LINE SIZE
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
347stroker wrote:
Hi Everyone, is there a general rule to use when choosing what sizeLPG line to use? I am about to go gas on my Windsor 302 which is stock, around 300hp, but will be modified later to about 450hp. What size line would I need. Is 5/16 enough? or 3/8 ? AND, what about the tank, how much hp will a standard tank support? do I need a twin outlet tank? Any advice appreciated...I don't want to have to change things later seeing I am buying it all new right now.

8mm, 5/16 will be plenty if you only after 450hp, use cng fittings as there already larger in i/d just depends on your convertors & mixter ?? & if your going positive (AIROD,LANDI,TECHICARB) OR negative (GRA,IMPCO,OHC) remember 1 ltr of liquid expands 250 ltrs of vapour....a pic of my last gas install

cheers

Joe

That Torana is a very clean unit ... and hell it sounds tough.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

yeh..... the torana goes hard I built the engine years ago, to a 355 heaps of torque, I have a XD ute atm with a XH front with a 351 in her I've converted her from a duel impco 300a to a Technocarb basicly a stock motor with a big cam, pulled 298 rwhp, pulling the engine out & going for more aiming for around 350rwhp +

IMO for a straight gas set up on a V8 its the best.
One Techocarb is the same as...... 2x GRA or 2x OHG's or 2x impco's

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Why is the techno carb 2 x GRA's? How does it work?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

jeeezz I hate this internet I've just finish typing up a reply & its f**k loged me out..... try again

basicly they have a holley style base plate with the same butterflys size as a 600-720 or 750cfm cannt remember which of the two, & with the right venturi size can flow up to 720/750cfm
So why do I need to run two GRA's OHG's or impco's that all only flow aproxx 420-450cfm each when I can make more power with one techocarb.....

A mechanic that I know who is very good with OHG's set up an XB with a stout motor now this engine with a carbi on petrol will easy make 400rwhp!! he had 2 xOHG with modified neg feed convertors & made 340rwhp which is pretty good for gas......I on the other hand have a std rebuilt 351 with only a bigg cam made 298rwhp with one techocarb & 2x std Airod super plus convertors the same ones that I would use on a Ford 4.0ltr install & still had plenty left in them, I've being using technocarb's for 5-6 years now & love them

check out the site

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

With the holley base plate, i can understand how it works with only 1 carb. Thanks for the reply dude, greatly appreciated. If i keep my Xr8 i might need to swap the impco 425 for a technocarb down the track, as i'll be chasing more power than it currently has.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

with your XR8 if your going to run it on stright gas & you then disconect your maf meter it will then revert to a different spark map not for power !! to get around this you get a clevo electronic type modified to suit then regraph to what you want or a piggy back for spark only

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
with your XR8 if your going to run it on stright gas & you then disconect your maf meter it will then revert to a different spark map not for power !! to get around this you get a clevo electronic type modified to suit then regraph to what you want or a piggy back for spark only

Cool. It will be duel fuel, currently has a mod chip in it. I was thinking i'd be running a twin program J3, one to suit each fuel with a switch. I know i'll need a bigger LPG line when the time comes.

My g/f's Xr8 is straight LPG, all the petrol injection stuff under the engine bay has been removed, running a impco 425 & a Mallory 6AL.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
What are the Technocarbs worth?

Are they as easy to install as the Impco 425? As in bolt it on and drive away?

Cheers

depending on the $$ as I get them from Canada close to a $1000.00 & sort of bolt on ?? they always come with the smaller venturies so just like any performance carbi the have to be set up...

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh not cheap.....but when you start to add the costs up in running a new twin gra set up or the likes its not bad

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
ashcook wrote:
What are the Technocarbs worth?

Are they as easy to install as the Impco 425? As in bolt it on and drive away?

Cheers

depending on the $$ as I get them from Canada close to a $1000.00 & sort of bolt on ?? they always come with the smaller venturies so just like any performance carbi the have to be set up...

That isn't that bad when you consider the cost of 2 x impco 425's or two GRA's and all the adapters needed to fit 2 of them. Last GRA i bought was $500, that's for my Turbo Torana project.

Cheers

ToranaGUy

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I know what you mean about the time part definatly not enough for me latey

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ashcook wrote:
I'm going to try twin 425's. I got them for $300 each, not bad really considering how much they were going for in OZ.

Plus I was very happy with just the single 425 so fingers crossed two will just be better. Got to get there first though, almost have all the bits, just need the time :cry:

That sounds like a pretty good deal, Depending on what engine your putting them onto, it might not be too hard.

One of my Xr8's has had the intake manifold replaced with a carby type & the impco 425 sits on like a single carb setup, the other being duel fuel still has the factory intake & an adapter infront of the throttle body, which would make twin 425's a lot harder.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2