LPG price rise 

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: LPG price rise
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Funny how nobody's complaining about the 38.1 c excise on petrol ???

Or the usual late in the week rise in petrol prices for that matter . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Last edited by snap0964 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

lol I am but theres no point coz we just love getting ripped off in this country. What really gets me is the GST on fuel as well, they are putting a tax on a tax! Talk about double dipping the bastards

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Funny how nobody's complaining about the 38.1 c excise on petrol ???

we can complain about it but at least it isn't changing...any current comparison is already taking that into effect and even with it, petrols just about more viable right now, let alone when you start adding these increases each year in lpg excise...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:00 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

phil545 wrote:
lol I am but theres no point coz we just love getting ripped off in this country. What really gets me is the GST on fuel as well, they are putting a tax on a tax! Talk about double dipping the bastards
Correct - IMO, a GST is a good idea - provided it's implemented correctly, but here, it never was.
tearlejc wrote:
we can complain about it but at least it isn't changing...any current comparison is already taking that into effect and even with it, petrols just about more viable right now, let alone when you start adding these increases each year in lpg excise...
38c a L is still more than 12.5c a L - you don't know if petrol excise will change.
Actually, if the negativity I read here is widespread, it should be easy to pick up an Eseries falcon on LPG fairly cheap, do a touchup on the cyl head, and add an SVI kit.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Still happy here getting 450-500km a tank of LPG which went from 64cpl to 79cpl overnight(well Monday night actually). Even happier I am still getting 650km on the petrol also. Costs me $48.74 to fill the tank which is a big hit in one hit; however, I also get 2cpl off with my autogas card at BP so that made it $47.52. I travel to uni and back and only fill up once a month. I am giggling all the way to the bowser. I occasionally have to use all the petrol in the tank and refresh it but is a small price to pay(NOT when I use the BP 95 @ $1.51pl = $98.15 for the last tankfull a week ago!!).

In saying this - I love getting rogered by this government - seems out of place when we don't get our daily fisting... :lol:

Hooroo

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ash wrote:
You would absolutely be laughing if you only fill up once a month, I so wish I could that infrequently. We usually fill a full tank of LPG 2-3 times a week.

You should buy a B-Double fuel tanker. Fill up at the terminal nice and cheap. Refuel from the trailer whenever you need. Parking might be a b**ch.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:11 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Well I was p****d and amazed at BP last night when I filled up with LPG. I drove in and started filling, not looking at the price, and had a heart attack when she said the total amount. Seems BP have taken it upon themselves to put the price up 14cpl above every other supplier. I hit the attendant up as to why and she said "I just work here...". Then the dude behind the other counter said it was the Singapore market....WTF!!! Oil is down to $101, our dollar went up last night to $1.09US therefore the price should be coming down. Singapore does not use anywhere near as much LPG as the rest of the world yet we still pay through the a*** when it suits BP. The theory of the "Singapore Issue" is wearing very thin and please I wish the ACCC would jump on these pricks!!

I will never use BP LPG again and they can go f**k themselves. A 14cpl hike just because they want to should set alarm bells ringing somewhere. Liberty here I come...

Edit - sorry the price went from 75.9cpl to 90.9cpl and everone else is at the lower scale...and my math was not good and was a 15cpl hike, not 14...

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Funilly enough, down at Springwood I drove past every supplier yesterday - all were at 89.9 including my local woolies which used to be the last to go there.

Jumped on the RACQ site this morning, and it showed my almost local BP as still being 79.9, so off I went.

I also go through two tanks a week, so these rises have really bit me. Its still cheaper than petrol.

I saw something yesterday which said that the rises should only have been around 5c due to singapore prices. Apparently we have a little double-whammy of Asian LPG Shortage, and Euro Winter shortages being worse than normal.

Seriously though - isnt it time we de-coupled from this s**t?

I dont understand why we operate on a world market - aside from the ability for big corps. To take profits off-shore.

Bring back border protection (Trade tarifs) to protect manufacturing, and jobs, but most importantly skills. We may not need to pay this much for our cars, but we really do need to keep these skills in Australia.
Same with Fuel. We have it, we own it, why are we paying for a big company to profit from something thats happening outside our region, that doesnt impact us any other way, and only serves to bolster a companies profits.

/rant off hahaha

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

been at around 65 for a fair few months untill 1 month ago it went up to 76 now today its at 79.9...

petrol is at 135...

welcome to the future where your money doesnt buy anything u need (like fuel, elec, food, rent etc) but u can buy an Iphone real cheap...

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

Nigel wrote:

Seriously though - isnt it time we de-coupled from this s**t?

I dont understand why we operate on a world market - aside from the ability for big corps. To take profits off-shore.

were u under the impression that the people that own and run the world gave a s**t about u because u live in advanced country....they dont

we'll all look back soon and wonder how did this happen....and we'll blame the politicians (that we voted for)...blame yourselves for being blind and lazy...

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Price in SA went up to 79.9 a month or so ago, but over the last week or so has jumped to 89.9 - still occasionally seeing it at 79.9 but what F**k me off about that is that last nite when I saw that price i screamed in and filled up - halfway through I thought `what? 79.9 is the new bargain price??' I remember not too long ago I'd drive straight past if it was 59.9 - then 69.9 - now I'm jumping at 79.9. Its bullsh!t, its artificial, and it cannot be justified - which doesn't mean they can't get away with it, the a**hole...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB2

VIC, Australia

im back on petrol for now ,put all the stock intake piping back on reset computer and whatever else,i was lucky if 68 litres of lpg lasted a week but so far i have been going for 2 weeks on 68 litres of petrol and done a bit more traveling ,dont know the kms as the odometer broke the day i filled up with fuel,lpg is between 80-83 cpl up from 59 in january,getting ripped off .

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

gogetta wrote:
been at around 65 for a fair few months untill 1 month ago it went up to 76 now today its at 79.9...

petrol is at 135...

welcome to the future where your money doesnt buy anything u need (like fuel, elec, food, rent etc) but u can buy an Iphone real cheap...

Fuel prices here in central QLD are per litre.
LPG 1.129
91 Ron 1.556
95 Ron 1.669
98 Ron 1.798
Diesel 1.659

If I seen fuel here as cheap as you guys get it Id be filling up every 44 I had...........

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hey All

I did a little experiment recently.

I filled up the petrol tank on Premium Unleaded at $1.54 per litre. At this price to fill the 72 litre tank in my EB Wagon it would cost just under $111.

Compare that to filling the 62 litre (usable) lpg scuba tank at the current 84.9 cpl which costs $52.64.

On average, in mostly city traffic doing the daily commute here in Sydney, with the usual taxi duties for the family, I have been getting 340kms per tank.

In my experiment in doing my usual weekly driving on petrol, I only managed 450kms.

After running a few calculations I worked out that on LPG it costs me 15 cents per km, and on petrol 25 cents per km.

What I worked out is, LPG would have to cost $1.35 per litre to no longer be a financial advantage, if petrol was still at $1.54.

A few facts on my car.

4L EL engine in EB
1673 Wade Cam
Extractors and 2.5" exhaust
T5 transmission
LPG Vapour Injection

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

More likely to push a lot of installers out of the game, as down here in Vic they don't have to be mechanics to get their gas ticket, and I find there isn't many workshops that really know their s**t when it comes to LPG.
I think a lot of installers NEED to be pushed out of business as they thrived on the rebate. I did my sums when I got mine installed and compared the wholesale price with the price of the kit with install. Funny how it had the rebate price smacked ontop of it. The kit I had installed cost me $4500 installed but when I checked on the same kit from a wholesale distributor in Sydney(I asked as a trade price...norty me!) it cost $2250 without install labour costs.

Now to this I added the cost of labour at $120 an hour for eight hours and the total came to $960. Add it all up with the 10 per cent for GST to the installer and I got $3460!! Couple to this consumables which mechanics like to tack on to your bill of say $100 and you have $3560 all up with all said and done.

I was p****d with my insaller when I got the bill and questioned why this happens - he came back saying it was in the best interest of his business to get as much out of the scheme as he could and it was nothing personal. I would imagine if I had shopped about I would have got it cheaper; however, wanted the system here and now. Think of the WA locals who got it for free after the federal government rebate and then the WA government rebate. Yes I received my $2000 but the installer made a hefty profit of just under a grand.

Makes you think doesn't it...

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next