Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Two Questions.

Who do we petition about the tax?
Who do we approach/petition about the massive pump price differences across the country?

Federal Transport minister & the PM?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Post subject: Re: LPG prices are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO INFLATED
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

xcabbi wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
madmax wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
How many kms do you cover in a year as that is the ultimate decding factor.

Also what system are you running to be returning such crap economy over petrol? I'm thinking a poorly tuned outside in mixer setup at the best, or an old impco setup at the worst.

Its a factory Egas BA

Kinda like it says on the Avatar notes! :roll: :lol:

BA Egas, Outside in mixer ring, same setup that dual fuel falcons have been running since the EF. Not the most efficient way to go about things, need I say more.

tickford_6, its not so much a tax but a rollback of the lpg subsidy. Jo blogs see's a price increase and instantly thinks TAX.
Its a federal issue which was brought in when howard was in power. As for the price variances across the country, we are being taken for a ride and a half by who ever the hell is riding us.

Our country licks balls.

12.5 cents on top of the 83c to 90c we pay here, I might have pull my finger out and fit the injection gear i have sitting around at work.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

That's the trouble with the disparity of prices, they won't bring yours down to our price, ours would go up to your price!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Two Questions.

Who do we petition about the tax?
Who do we approach/petition about the massive pump price differences across the country?

Federal Transport minister & the PM?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

along with all state and territory transport ministers

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: falcon ED,EF,EL

ACT, Australia

this might be rubbing salt to the wound but i read in an article in the financial review a few months ago that australia had entered into an agreement with china to supply them lpg delivered to their doorstep for the next 10 years or so @ 4 cents/lt. :evil:

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

When i first converted to gas my kit was $1500 installed. 1998 mind you!
Gas was about 12-20cpl at the time only $12 for a tank awesome! ( petrol was about 80cpl)
A few months later and the tax changed. Gas went up to 20-30cpl.

I paid $4500 for the injection system on the Terry 15 months ago and got $1750 back from the rebate. It costs about $35-40 for a tank (63l) of gas which takes us about 400klm average. The performance difference is negligible as in I don't notice which fuel I am running.

I also drive an Egas FG ute for work and get about 450klm from 80l which is pretty poor but it does go pretty good for a gas car.

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Look's like the industry is also is abit scared and feel the same way i do................

http://lpgaustralia.com.au/site/media_c ... il&id=0032

http://lpgaustralia.com.au/images/LPG/I ... 290910.pdf

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
madmax wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

Also what system are you running to be returning such crap economy over petrol? I'm thinking a poorly tuned outside in mixer setup at the best, or an old impco setup at the worst.

Its a factory Egas BA

BA Egas, Outside in mixer ring, same setup that dual fuel falcons have been running since the EF. Not the most efficient way to go about things, need I say more.

Yes I know its an old setup, I also know of its so called reliability issues. I haven't had any problems with it yet (touches nearest piece of wood)
I guess I spoke out of turn about my economy, it is about 30% more. Based on my old EL which got 8.5 on the hwy the BA gets 11-11.5l/100 which is close enough for me.

On the advantages of vapour injection, and I know tickford_6 will shoot me down on this, but I know several people complaining about having to clean LPG injectors frequently throughout the year because they foul up, even when in use!
A mate of mine had a BA ute he bought new for work. In its second year he had it converted to LPG and 12 months later got rid of it for a BF egas. When i asked him why he said "because it just works" he had been cleaning his injectors every 3 months! Apparently the BA was only good on gas immediately after having them cleaned then its performance started to decrease to the point that they had to be cleaned. He agreed the BF was down on power but didn't care because it "just works"

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

madmax wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:
madmax wrote:
xcabbi wrote:

Its a factory Egas BA

Yes I know its an old setup, I also know of its so called reliability issues. I haven't had any problems with it yet (touches nearest piece of wood)
I guess I spoke out of turn about my economy, it is about 30% more. Based on my old EL which got 8.5 on the hwy the BA gets 11-11.5l/100 which is close enough for me.

On the advantages of vapour injection, and I know tickford_6 will shoot me down on this, but I know several people complaining about having to clean LPG injectors frequently throughout the year because they foul up, even when in use!
A mate of mine had a BA ute he bought new for work. In its second year he had it converted to LPG and 12 months later got rid of it for a BF egas. When i asked him why he said "because it just works" he had been cleaning his injectors every 3 months! Apparently the BA was only good on gas immediately after having them cleaned then its performance started to decrease to the point that they had to be cleaned. He agreed the BF was down on power but didn't care because it "just works"

I haven't got my guns out.
3 months seems a bit excesive, we've had plenty of cars go years with out issues like that.
There is also nothing wrong with the old mixer systems. i've got a landi converter and mixer on my AU. After about 3 months of the converter going out of tune all the time I had no issue for about 12 months, after which it when through 2 gastec controlers. That has been fixed.
For simplicity sake you can't beat them.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
I haven't got my guns out.
3 months seems a bit excesive, we've had plenty of cars go years with out issues like that.
There is also nothing wrong with the old mixer systems. i've got a landi converter and mixer on my AU. After about 3 months of the converter going out of tune all the time I had no issue for about 12 months, after which it when through 2 gastec controlers. That has been fixed.
For simplicity sake you can't beat them.

Thanks for that :)
I guess he should have taken it back to the installer, being as it was a problem in the first year of being converted.
So what your take on the ford Vialle system?

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I don't like it.
The "ford vialle" converters are dearer then the retro fit vialle converters.
Fitting a different converter never seems to work %100, I think Xcabbi went through this a while back and went back to the installer insisting on having a vialle refitted.
And thanks to our kind QLD chief inspector it's illegal to do so anyway in QLD. On top of that, post 2004 falcons need an emissions approved system, and the only system approved for the Egas falcon is the factory gear.
All aftermarket gear has only been approved for fitment to the petrol falcon.
(there is long story behind it, but if you call and manage to get through to the chief inspector he will confirm it)
So when repairing them, my hands are tied and all I can do legally is replace parts with genuine items.

Give me a Landi, OMVL or BRC anyday.

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
the retro fit vialle converters.

Is there a non ford Vialle converter then??

The rules might not be the same in VIC

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

madmax wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
the retro fit vialle converters.

Is there a non ford Vialle converter then??

The rules might not be the same in VIC

There is a difference between the factory fit converter and the ones used in conversions.

As far as I know outside of QLD it is acceptable to fit any converter to pre 2004 egas falcons.
2004 on it falls under the emissions rules and an emissions approved kit must be used.
Which mean the only converter you can fit is the genuine item. (which can be bought through aftermarket suppliers for cheaper then ford charge but it's still $200 dearer then the retrofit one.)

There are people that don't seem to grasp onto it though, as i've seen alot of post 2004s with Airod and OMVL converters fitted. But the standard clearly says emissions approved kits.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh well, being as mine is a dec 2004 model I'd be stuck with the Ford kit. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with it

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Back on topic please

Spoke to my local servo where i fill LPG at and had a chat about this topic and said he is happy to have a petition there. Alot of taxi driver's fill up there and he recon's he will get a 100 signatures in a couple days.

I will speak to a couple local LPG fitter's before i go ahead

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next