Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: LPG Removal
Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

Hi All,

I have a sprintgas system in my car and havnt used it for a good 2 yrs or so when the stupid converter died and kept leaking all my coolant all over the road.

It has come the point where i have decided i want to remove it and was wondering.

Is it possible for me to do it myself? without something going wrong?
If i can do it myself, what do i do about the fuel switcher, is it hardwired into something?

The tanks empty the copper line to the converter has been broken since it stopped working

i guess if it is possible then all i need to do is find out how the air pipeing tube reconnects to the mainfold intake and there is the gas one there

any help would be greatly appreciated

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Post subject: Re: LPG Removal
Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Dude, why don't you just go & get it fixed & run on lpg? cheaper fuel after all you know! You could remove the copper line & tank, get the vehicle details changed to be straight petrol again, then get the tank refit, fix the issues with your conversion, get it re-complianced & collect the grant - probably meaning it might only cost you your time to get it all fixed.

To remove the lpg system, you will have to find the wiring for the injector cut & remove it, along with all the relay's & so on that were fit to control the lpg. Depending on what lpg system it has, it might be easy or it might be hard.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

To ToranaGuy

Getting the LPG fixed and recomplianced makes me inaligable for the government grant

i read over the fine print a while back and it stated New installations, and does not cover fixes

As specified in the Q&A

Can I claim for LPG system repairs, maintenance or upgrades?
No. Repairs, maintenance or upgrades to an existing LPG system are not eligible for a grant.

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Therefore its coming out sometime.

Its of no use to me and as everyone knows gas burns faster than petrol,the only issue with petrol is that it digs into your pocket

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

dannyye wrote:
To ToranaGuy

Getting the LPG fixed and recomplianced makes me inaligable for the government grant

i read over the fine print a while back and it stated New installations, and does not cover fixes

As specified in the Q&A

Can I claim for LPG system repairs, maintenance or upgrades?
No. Repairs, maintenance or upgrades to an existing LPG system are not eligible for a grant.

Dude, i think you missed the part with " remove & vehicle details changed to single fuel ". Then the car isn't any longer on LPG. Old compliance plate get's removed.

Get the broken bits fixed or replaced & reinstall all the gear. New compliance plate for the new install. Then the vehicle has a " new " conversion with second hand parts & would qualify.

Oh, actually gas burns slower than petrol in the combustion chamber, but what your thinking is that if you use say 10lts of petrol for a certain distance, you will use some more gas for the same distance, but it's so much cheaper it doesn't matter!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yea i did miss that part, ive been doing that alot latley (Stoopid Brain)

id rather not d**k around with the lpg wiring, but a guy locally reckons he can pull it all out for me for bout $150

might get him to do that one day

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]