Fordmods Logo

Lpg system Xf 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Lpg system Xf
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XF ute

New Zealand

Hi New to forum. Im having trouble with lpg system on the XF ute. Its a Mcmillan brand tank 90 ltr water cap, I used to get 65-70 ltrs of lpg into it but after a tank test removal etc I can only get 45 ltrs into it someone said the ball C**k arm could be bent?? I been living with it for a while but now would like to sort as got to do some motor work as well. If anyone can help with any know how that would be great. Cheers

Post subject: Re: Lpg system Xf
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Make sure it's been put back at the right angle.

The float arm on the AFL is pretty tough, some one would have had to bend it on purpose. It's not somthing that will bend just by mis-handling it.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Yeah i tried that rotated the tank to get more angle but same result might have to empty it and check the arm. Thanks

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

4.1 below wrote:
Yeah i tried that rotated the tank to get more angle but same result might have to empty it and check the arm. Thanks

Can I suggest that you don't. Checking the angle by moving it and filling is just plain daft.
The tolerance for the angle the valves are at is less then %3.
The tank will be marked with its valve angle and should be mounted correctly. Incorrect angle will effect the operation of the AFL and the safety valve.

Playing with the liquid side is not something you should be doing. If you had the knowledge and the license to do it, you wouldn't be asking these questions.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Yep this was all done at the lpg garage wasnt just chucking a spanner at it. It was suggested that the tank wasnt back at the correct level but will look for a mark now. I should of looked for that at start, but then the garage (different garage) that did should of known, but then they didnt open the valves back up either. So not going back there. The tank test wasnt done locally so just tying to get back to square one now. If you tried to put lpg in but the tap into the tank was closed would this upset something?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]