Fordmods Logo

MAP sensors... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: MAP sensors...
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

Well I just did a diagnosis, didnt see any map sensor errors.
I have reason to believe something is wrong though.. Reasons being it copped many backfires on my last gas system, and generally my car runs rather under the weather and smells very fumey.

No errors has me a little confused though, but wait did I say no errors? not entirely true.

When running diagnostics on my OMVL system good old map sensor appears to be a reoccuring theme in the errors punched out.

My gas system barely runs, so perhaps it is the map sensor. But before I run out and buy a new one I thaught perhaps my map sensor is set wrong in the OMVL software, the default is AEB25 but we also have AEB13 to choose from. So far I have not found much information about these standards or what the falcon complies to, but heres hoping. It wouldnt not suprise me if it was set wrong because I have identified several other parameters set horribly wrong by the installers since this thing went out the door.

Anyone thinking of getting a gas install done? make sure you find a good installer first.. My old backfiring gutless brc fossile of a system seems in retrospect like a great peice of equipment. This system has just been one big drawn out nightmare. I know on place on the coast I sure wont be visiting again.

EL XR6 5spd

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]