Fordmods Logo

My Conversions quotes 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: My Conversions quotes
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 5 speed. 96 Ford Fairmont

NT, Australia

Hi guys I've been ringing around all morning looking for quotes to get my EF Falcon converted to LPG. I'm in the Geelong region but I've got a big list with prices that will give anyone thats looking at converting soon a rough idea on how much there going to be up for. Take note that this isn't including the Gas rebate of $2000. These are all IMPCO systems to.

Auto Gas Supplies:

Ph# 52722722

Cost $2900

------------------------------

B & R Motors:

Ph# 52212329

Cost $2600

-------------------------------

Bellarine Auto Service

Ph# 52811225

Cost $2500

-------------------------------

Best Auto Gas Conversion Centre

Ph# 52443704

Cost $

--------------------------------

Jepson Automotive Services

Ph# 52215277

Cost $3600

JM Motors

Ph# 52822369

Cost $2600 -Ring set up

Cost $2900 - Gas Carby

J.R Gas Conversions

Ph# 52721510

Cost $2750

---------------------------------

LPG Conversions

Ph# 52232441

Cost $

---------------------------------

Parnell LPG Gas Systems

Ph# 52721510

Cost $

----------------------------------

Reidy's Automotive

Ph# 52214711

Cost $2900

-----------------------------------

Trevor Varley Automotive

Ph# 52436022

Cost $2800

------------------------------------

United LA Gas

Ph# 1800852427

Cost $

-------------------------------------

Weatherall Automotive

Ph# 52217004

Cost $2800

-------------------------------------

Hope this gives anyone who's looking at converting a hand..Just thought you all might like to know :)

Cheers, Nathan

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yeah typical, they know the gov gives us $2000 so naturally the quote goes higher :wink:

Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 5 speed. 96 Ford Fairmont

NT, Australia

LoL To right.

I'd love to own an LPG conversion business right about now though :D These guys must be raking it in!

Cheers, Nathan

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Looking @ those quotes, i would hate to know what they are charging for LPG Injection systems now the rebate is around!

I "only" paid $3146 inc the GST for my injection system just on 3 years ago!

Any reason other than $$ your choosing an impco system?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Wagon

ACT, Australia

I was quoted $5,200 for a prins VSI system on an EF Wagon.

Appearantly wagons are dearer because they use a manifold (3 x scuba) tank.

Also getting anything automotive in Canberra seems to be dearer than Sydney or Melbourne.

I thought about going to Sydney, but was getting quotes around $4,900 for the same setup, so I couldn't justify going to Sydney.

The 'payback' period on the VSI system is 2 years compared with 1 year for a normal mixer setup, at 20,000km a year and after the govt rebate.

96 EF Wagon, PRINS VSI LPG, Wade 1636, 4480's, Redback zorst, Metalcat, 3 angle valve job, .5mm overbore, hypertec pistons, shaved head (because the head was banana shaped when I brought it), Tickford 16" alloys, KYB shocks, 30mm sway bar, 1 1/2 degrees negative camber, tow bar, roof racks.

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: LTDHO

VIC, Australia

Rebate = cost more for conversion.

I got my XE done for under $2k before the rebate. Bloody theives.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ouch! Talk about taking the public for a ride!

If your going to keep the car, for say minimum 5 years, you would be making savings for atleast 3 years, and the way petrol prices are inflating, it would still be a good investment.

My payback time on my $3146 outlay was only 9 mths! I put a lot of kms on my EB, and at the time of conversion there was almost $1 per ltr price difference between petrol & lpg. Now that margin isn't so great, but it's still 60 - 80 cpl price difference where i am, depending on the day of the week.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:54 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Tell me about it, $1500 to remove underbonnet gas kit and install an 2nd hand gas research kit (supplied by me), not having to touch tank and lines. Before the rebate came in it cost me $700 to have to original kit (again supplied by me) installed, including lines and tank (two years ago).
The mob who installed the GRA have done a better job, but $800 better? not so sure.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

brendo_83 wrote:
Tell me about it, $1500 to remove underbonnet gas kit and install an 2nd hand gas research kit (supplied by me), not having to touch tank and lines. Before the rebate came in it cost me $700 to have to original kit (again supplied by me) installed, including lines and tank (two years ago).
The mob who installed the GRA have done a better job, but $800 better? not so sure.

Far out dude!

It almost sounds like they are pricing it so ppl are just buying new kits, because they would only be saving $500 or so over getting a kit from the wreckers.

About 7 yrs ago i had a 2nd hand lpg system fit to my Torana, poor student i was, it was all i could afford, cost $700 to have it fit. I picked the kit up for $150 from a mate with a wrecking yard. I'd hate to think what a kit will cost me to have fit now! I've gotta sprint new gen mixer, an APA tank, cradle to suit, and a converter to suit it all to be fit to my Hz panel van. I think i'm about to get a scare when i call to find out " how much ".

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Before the rebate I was quoted $1800 for my vh commdore, $1500 for the system for my 4runner and $500 for the install. or $2100 for injection lpg

After the rebate I was told 1 year wait, $3500 for the 4runner for normal system $4500 for injection gas. I eventualy got it installed in the 4runner for $3400 with a restamped 2nd hand tank.

In the end still cost me the same, so the installer made $2k more profit then before the rebate.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

skozzy_ak wrote:

In the end still cost me the same, so the installer made $2k more profit then before the rebate.

Why doesn't that surprise me? That the workshops were taking the public for a ride & jacking the prices up due to the rebate? Dogs they are. That $$$ was supposed to help people convert, not line the pockets of the companies exec's.

With all my supplied bits for my Hz pano, i might get some change from $2k, and there's more than $1k hardware there if it had to be bought new, ffs! The wait times are way down now, esp since petrol has dropped to around $1 per liter. Gas is still a better buy at around $0.40 cpl.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

The rebate massively increased demand, so prices went up.

To my knowledge you can still fit a secondhand system yourself and get an authorised person to fit the fixed lines etc and sign it off for a few hundred, then get your rebate, and make money.

I bought a wreck from pickles for $360, and lo and behold it had an LPG system in it that was 6mths old, i could even drive the car home. Now that system is going into my EL fairmont.

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yes you can do that if you can find a workshop willing to do it, i've spoken to many & they all want to fit all the gear to charge you heaps, instead of just the lines & say for 2 hrs work making $400........

Sounds like a great buy relaxed! I've bought a couple of parts car's from pickles over the years.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

That car also had artic blue H4's, a 2.5" mandrel exhaust, kings lowered front coils, near new tyres, and no rust. A lot of the rest was s**t though, and other good parts had been stripped, it previously had a big stereo. I don't know if the owner or pickles wrecker did the stripping.

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

relaxed_diplomacy wrote:
That car also had artic blue H4's, a 2.5" mandrel exhaust, kings lowered front coils, near new tyres, and no rust. A lot of the rest was s**t though, and other good parts had been stripped, it previously had a big stereo. I don't know if the owner or pickles wrecker did the stripping.

I have a suspicion that pickles staff nick a few bits here & there. My ED GLI Manual had the shifter nob in it & a couple other little items but after the fall of the hammer, and between me picking it up, they went missing. Oh well, i was going to not use it anyway, but i could have sold it on Ebay!

Sounds like your's was a pretty good buy!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]