Fordmods Logo

Parnell/prins 

 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

wouldnt it be a case of fitting the mixer ring simply onto the TB....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 243

Joined: 18th Sep 2007

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

gogetta wrote:
wouldnt it be a case of fitting the mixer ring simply onto the TB....


Depends.

One good example I can give you where this would not work is with an American-style carburettor system like an IMPCO or Gas Research system. These systems often require adapters and modified upper intake ducting in order for correct fitment of the mixer.

Regards,
Dave

 

_________________

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 49

Posts: 54

Joined: 27th May 2009

Ride: Ford TE50 Charged

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Something most should be aware of some installers when doing a vsi setup will drill the manifold for the nozzles whilst manifold is on the car. Some will apply some grease to the drill bit to catch the filings others wont and will let the vehicle suck the filings through on start up.
Re upper manifold bolts this is a possibility. It's happened to me for different reasons but personally the design as it is i believe is a shocker. I think it would have needed at least another four bolts between the front and middle section and middle section and rear to make it seal properly.
I thought my 2001 pajero was a shocker to work on. I think the ford 5.0 injected setup is worse. lol..

Regards
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

wrexed03 wrote:
Something most should be aware of some installers when doing a vsi setup will drill the manifold for the nozzles whilst manifold is on the car. Some will apply some grease to the drill bit to catch the filings others wont and will let the vehicle suck the filings through on start up.

Regards


yes i have seen the consequences of that.....a certain company starting with p and ending in ll couldnt prove it was the reason a 20,000km old alloytec had failed....think they had to pay for an entire engine rebuild....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
wrexed03 wrote:
Something most should be aware of some installers when doing a vsi setup will drill the manifold for the nozzles whilst manifold is on the car. Some will apply some grease to the drill bit to catch the filings others wont and will let the vehicle suck the filings through on start up.

Regards


yes i have seen the consequences of that.....a certain company starting with p and ending in ll couldnt prove it was the reason a 20,000km old alloytec had failed....think they had to pay for an entire engine rebuild....


That doesn't surprise me at all.

I know with my injection setup that certain company did take my manifold off, as NONE of the bolts were even finger tight, and one was missing outright! The car had a massive vac leak & i had to fix that myself before it could be tuned properly. Their so called mechanics tried to tell me the engine was too low on compression & that's why it was running badly. It was a perfect engine with perfect running & perfect vac before they touched it lol!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:25 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 76

Posts: 30

Joined: 26th May 2009

Ride: Ford Fairlane 5 Litre V8

Location: Auburn
SA, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
The Prins setup work very well if setup properly.

The system uses Keihin injectors and a large regulator which means that the system will flow more than enough gas to ensure the engine does not need to switch over to petrol at high rpm. Make sure your installer selects the 'yellow dot' injectors for your application.

Regards,
Dave



Unfortunatly I was not aware of the Parnel Prins association and I had a Parnell mixer system fitted . What will it cost me now to convert to Prins I am fed up with backfiring .
Thanks in advance .
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:27 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 243

Joined: 18th Sep 2007

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

millview41 wrote:
What will it cost me now to convert to Prins I am fed up with backfiring .
Thanks in advance .


Basically it'll be a new install minus tank. Everything downstream of the tank is different. I don't think it's legal to reuse gas lines either.

Regards,
Dave

 

_________________

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:58 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names