Parnell/prins 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Parnell/prins
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

wouldnt it be a case of fitting the mixer ring simply onto the TB....

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:59 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

gogetta wrote:
wouldnt it be a case of fitting the mixer ring simply onto the TB....

Depends.

One good example I can give you where this would not work is with an American-style carburettor system like an IMPCO or Gas Research system. These systems often require adapters and modified upper intake ducting in order for correct fitment of the mixer.

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford TE50 Charged

VIC, Australia

Something most should be aware of some installers when doing a vsi setup will drill the manifold for the nozzles whilst manifold is on the car. Some will apply some grease to the drill bit to catch the filings others wont and will let the vehicle suck the filings through on start up.
Re upper manifold bolts this is a possibility. It's happened to me for different reasons but personally the design as it is i believe is a shocker. I think it would have needed at least another four bolts between the front and middle section and middle section and rear to make it seal properly.
I thought my 2001 pajero was a shocker to work on. I think the ford 5.0 injected setup is worse. lol..

Regards

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

wrexed03 wrote:
Something most should be aware of some installers when doing a vsi setup will drill the manifold for the nozzles whilst manifold is on the car. Some will apply some grease to the drill bit to catch the filings others wont and will let the vehicle suck the filings through on start up.

Regards

yes i have seen the consequences of that.....a certain company starting with p and ending in ll couldnt prove it was the reason a 20,000km old alloytec had failed....think they had to pay for an entire engine rebuild....

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
wrexed03 wrote:

Regards

yes i have seen the consequences of that.....a certain company starting with p and ending in ll couldnt prove it was the reason a 20,000km old alloytec had failed....think they had to pay for an entire engine rebuild....

That doesn't surprise me at all.

I know with my injection setup that certain company did take my manifold off, as NONE of the bolts were even finger tight, and one was missing outright! The car had a massive vac leak & i had to fix that myself before it could be tuned properly. Their so called mechanics tried to tell me the engine was too low on compression & that's why it was running badly. It was a perfect engine with perfect running & perfect vac before they touched it lol!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:25 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Fairlane 5 Litre V8

SA, Australia

PoweredByCNG wrote:
The Prins setup work very well if setup properly.

The system uses Keihin injectors and a large regulator which means that the system will flow more than enough gas to ensure the engine does not need to switch over to petrol at high rpm. Make sure your installer selects the 'yellow dot' injectors for your application.

Regards,
Dave

Unfortunatly I was not aware of the Parnel Prins association and I had a Parnell mixer system fitted . What will it cost me now to convert to Prins I am fed up with backfiring .
Thanks in advance .

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:27 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

millview41 wrote:
What will it cost me now to convert to Prins I am fed up with backfiring .
Thanks in advance .

Basically it'll be a new install minus tank. Everything downstream of the tank is different. I don't think it's legal to reuse gas lines either.

Regards,
Dave

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3