Fordmods Logo

Parts i cant identify? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Parts i cant identify?
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Hello , i need some help identifying these parts on my gas system.Unfortunately i have to do a DIY, but cant work out whats what. I have another problem my fellow country men , i am overseas and desperately need info fast because no one speaks english and the car needs some major fixing.

The car is a GAZ , its russian but ford and Gaz have had relationships sine 1927 or something.
I have attached pics with the screws i need identified are circled in red.The only other way i see is buy a new converter from Home(aus) and get it sent over with some english instructions or search online ,BUT i really cant spend any money on this sucker unless its absolutely needed.
I will run some diagnostics i have already noticed.
Car idles and starts fairly good.
Off idle if poor.If i use fast throttle motion then its ok , but if i slowly open the throttle wants to play up and loose revs and stall if i leave the throttle open a bit.
If i close the throttle then it will resume to idle.

If i mess about in traffic and use minimal engine revs and throttle, it seems to get a bit sloppy and wants to play up. if i rev it hard it seems to show less sloppy motor response
It revs but lacks power through out the whole rev range
I have messed about with the main power valve and also the splitter valves to carby to no avail. I cant get this sucker to run properly.I have screwed them in until it shows a lean situation on fast revving through the gears, i have done them in and out a hundred times. :(
The car has Electronic ignition and a 2 barrel carby.The mixer setup appears to be just 2 tubes into each carby venturi.
Note*The screw on the top of the converter is attached to 2 small hoses which turns into a single hose that is attached to the inlet manifold just under the throttle body.
I intend to take off the carby and clean .but this gas system has me spooked.
If you could help me identify parts then i can start to make some gains. :)
I will have to add a URL for the pics in the next post.

Last edited by cors on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Parts i cant identify?
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

The items i need help identifying are circled in red.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

I am doing a bit of study and i am wondering if the diaphragm is too sensitive given the fact that with a small slow bit of off-idle throttle it seems to bog down.Can this be caused by to much gas coming into the mixer with minimal throttle opening/?I am also thinking that this is the case because with fast revving throttle action the motor pick ups and doesn't bog down . These 2 scenarios happen.

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

If the converter is too sensitive or not sensitive it won't provide consistent mixture control thru the rev range.

Do you know if the converter has been rebuilt recently? The wrong spring might have been used inside.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

hey thanks for the reply.I suspect the convertor has not been rebuilt.

I have another question.
Whats the best cheapest convertor on the AUS market?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]