Fordmods Logo

Recommended/ Reliable Vapour Injection Systems/Brands 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Recommended/ Reliable Vapour Injection Systems/Brands
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Mustang67

VIC, Australia

Hi guys l just bought a 2008 BFlll Wagon wanting to get a Vapour LPG instalation done. I had a look through this forum and could not find the answers l seek.
My last car was AU Wagon with Parnell converter /mixer setup which was good and reliable over the years. Fuel usage 65Lt tank 450KL city/hwy and 600KL range on a trip.
I'm Just after some input into what is a good reliable system to get installed these days.
l have had Prins?/formaly Parnell recomended, also Impco and VSI, any comments and help would be welcome. Also are there any issues or maintanence requirements with the injectors or filters l should know about.
cheers.

Post subject: Re: Recommended/ Reliable Vapour Injection Systems/Brands
Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

I have a BRC system in a BF, get around 280K's highway on 50L towing a 1800kg van at 100kph.
Round town 360K's and highway I have seen 530k's at mostly 110kph.
Prins is probably the best but very expensive compared to the BRC. Mine has been maintenance free in the 60000K's so far. Only complaint is the position of the injectors is down low in the engine bay and they are a bit noisy in the fast food lines but otherwise no problem. I did the under body install and removed the intake and mounted the tubes from the underside of the intake for a better trajectory, I did not like the idea of drilling it in situ.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Emer SVI through Australian LPG warehouse or one of the distributors.

I have a lot of customers with the OMVL dream (sprintgas) and Landi Omegas.
The only stuff I ever have real problems with is Elko.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Spoke with a few installers today 2 gave the option of vapour injection or the sprintgas with a mixer ring $1000 cheaper, saying a bit less efficient but less complicated and cheaper to repair and maintain if a bad fill of gas happens. Clean a converter $60.00 or replace 6 injectors over $1000.00 any other thoughts out there please.
At this point l am thinking old school like l had on the AU Wagon might be a choice.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Spend the extra on the SVI.

I really do hate the way some installer go about 'selling' the product and the s**t advice they give.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Ditto for the SVI.
You could look into these kits, and perhaps have someone install it:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190630735705 ... 1438.l2649
Along with the std converter lock off filter, you can run another filter in the vapour line to the injectors. My SVI systems have this - I keep spare filters.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Just looked at the op again and realised your talking about a 2008 BF. You have no choice, you must fit a certified SVI system. (which rules out the Ebay stuff)
A venturi system is never going to meet the emissions standard for that car.

ANY installer who does fit a non certified system is risking some huge fines.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Just looked at the op again and realised your talking about a 2008 BF. You have no choice, you must fit a certified SVI system.A venturi system is never going to meet the emissions standard for that car.
Weren't there still venturi Egas versions still coming out around that time ??
tickford_6 wrote:
(which rules out the Ebay stuff)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190630735705 ... 1438.l2649
"These kits are AGA (Australian Gas Association) standardized for all makes of vehicles pre-2004 & ISO 9001. (Refer to photo of Regulator for AGA Number) . In addition the kits have also been tested in accordance to emissions testing standards (RTA) for the Ford Falcon BF/FG, thus allowing you to use the kit in any year for the particular model."
Provided you get a copy of the extra testing certification in writing - I can't see the problem getting this kit fitted to a 2008 BF. :?:

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

snap0964 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Just looked at the op again and realised your talking about a 2008 BF. You have no choice, you must fit a certified SVI system.A venturi system is never going to meet the emissions standard for that car.
Weren't there still venturi Egas versions still coming out around that time ??

It's not the same as a converted petrol car. I know it makes no sence. But some bloke behind a desk makes the rules. All we can do is follow them

snap0964 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190630735705?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
"These kits are AGA (Australian Gas Association) standardized for all makes of vehicles pre-2004 & ISO 9001. (Refer to photo of Regulator for AGA Number) . In addition the kits have also been tested in accordance to emissions testing standards (RTA) for the Ford Falcon BF/FG, thus allowing you to use the kit in any year for the particular model."
Provided you get a copy of the extra testing certification in writing - I can't see the problem getting this kit fitted to a 2008 BF. :?:

If it's certified for the car it's fine, Just make sure you get a copy of the certification.
Last time I looked at them there was no mention of any post 2004 certification.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Thanks for comments guys.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

The best gas injection kit available is the Euro Gas system (Australian LPG Warehouse), but that is now made redundant by the ICOM JTG Liquid Injection system. Alternatively, you could opt for the less expensive but just as good Emer system, or Orbital LPi.

Don't go mixer with BA-FG. Too many problems to speak of and there is a serious reduction of power that would result, on BOTH petrol and LPG if such a system is installed.

http://www.alpgw.com.au

http://www.orbitalautogas.com.au

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Injection is the way to go, take it from someone who has run LPG Vapor injection since 2004 on this EB Ghia! I have a system called Easyjet. The systems now are better than they were back then. Only drama's I have had with the system were due to poor workmanship on the install up until recently. IE dodgy wiring & poor regulator location. It was the first install on anything older than an AU that installer had done back in the day.

There is 2 filters in my system, had to change them a couple of extra times outside the service schedule due to dirty gas, but never damaged an injector. Only had 1 injector fail after roughly 250,000kms on LPG. It cost close enough to $200 to replace, but for that sort of life span I can't complain.

A good install should have enough filters in it to stop the injectors getting damaged by dirty gas. Any installer talking down injection systems is really saying "I can't be bothered with the little bit of extra work, that I will be paid extra to do, to install it in your car".......

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

do u guys have any idea of pricing on these systems?

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

gogetta wrote:
do u guys have any idea of pricing on these systems?

It goes a bit like this.

JTG = $jesus f**k me.
Eurogas = $ f**k me
Emergas = $ holly f**k
Sprintgas OMVL dream = $ holly s**t
emmegas = $holly crap
venturi/impco = $ lots

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Turbo VT, VL Calais Trubo, HQ SS

VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am in a similar boat. I am currently running dual fuel in my EL fairmont ghia (just a 6) and wanting to convert over to vapour injection (biggest reasons being to increase fuel econnomy further and to get some performance out of it)

I have spoken to a few different companies and just get contradicting informaton.
I am after a quality kit, and do not mind paying extra.
So far I have been told that SGI (is the best) followed PRINS, Sprintgas and BRC.

Is this correct? Or is there something better out there?
Below is the list of mods which I plan to carry out on the car (extractors, full exhaust system (2 and half inch or maybe 3) with high flow cats, ported and ploished head, (maybe a baby cam if it enhances fuel economy)
Once I have all this completed, I will also be installed a snort eaton supercharger kit running between 6-9psi (most likely intercooled)

I have been told all of these kits will do the job. I do not plan on making big power, 220rwk is the most I would push it, as the car is a daily. I just want something that is cheap as chip to run, and nice torque off the line.

Thanks in advance

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next