Fordmods Logo

Removing LPG restrictions/forced induction with LPG? 

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Removing LPG restrictions/forced induction with LPG?
Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

ive spoken with my mate whos been fitting lpg to cars (mainly fords) for 20+ years and he dosent like the look of the ebay injection kit one bit. the reason its restricted is the size of the converter. but he would rather pay the extra 1000 for a well known brand name kit than try it out and have it not preform as expected. ide rather save the extra money and buy something thats tryed and tested.

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Don't skip on everything else such as regulator and converter but the mixer ring itself should be ok to play around with to a point.
if the bigger diameter mixer proves to cause flat spots, lag & hard starts it only means the designers of the smaller mixer specifically designed it small to create maximum air suction velocity from A to B.

but if it proves to make mega kilawasp with the right gear & s**t, then it's a winner.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

ausedwagon wrote:
ive spoken with my mate whos been fitting lpg to cars (mainly fords) for 20+ years and he dosent like the look of the ebay injection kit one bit. the reason its restricted is the size of the converter. but he would rather pay the extra 1000 for a well known brand name kit than try it out and have it not preform as expected. ide rather save the extra money and buy something thats tryed and tested.

Well I wanted a direct inj. set up but they don't make them for pre BA's I was told, mine is a 5.0lt though.

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fairlane6970 wrote:
Funnily enough my EFI Fairlane doesn't have a carby, so I guess I'll have to try this "crappy" thing :roll: instead of sitting back complaining about everything! :roll:

p.s. I have the flu combined with toothache so pardon my not so friendly mood - at least I'm trying something - yes?

the gas ring work the same as the metering system in a carby. You need to provide a strong enough signal to meter the gas properly with out introducing unnecessary restriction.

EXACTLY what a carby needs, and guess what a properly shaped venturi will do just that.

Slick wrote:
Don't know if we're in the same page as d**k but this is what I mean about trimming the bulk of the plastic off. basically it's a venturi :lol:
$50 bucks for a 65mm ring you can play around with if you wanna be a real innovator! :P

Sorry mate it's nothing like. a venturi just by trimming out some of the plastic. And sticking a 65mm venturi in a 71mm (3inch) pipe infront of a 65mm throttle blade is never going to provide a good signal to meter the gas properly.

this is the shape you should be looking for.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes we know what a venturi is thanks :roll:

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:

You could actually get a bell mouth donut ring and place it in front of that mixer ring to create that tapered jet/rocket afterburner propulsion venturi effect tickford is so persistence & exact about. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fairlane6970 wrote:

so why stuff around with junk then?

Venturi mixers with perimeter discharge are pretty easy to come by.

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mr negativety you attitude is getting dull, why don't you just tell us all everything we need to know and we can bask in your superiority :roll:

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Well I wanted a direct inj. set up but they don't make them for pre BA's I was told, mine is a 5.0lt though.

That's a crock mate, The injection setups can be fit to any injected ford engine from the XF up. It sounds more like they just didn't want to fit it to your car, probably because they haven't done one & are not sure what wires they will have to splice into in the engine bay to make it work.

I have gas injection on my EB! Had it on there since 2005! When i was asking around LPG places for some better injectors a few told me i was talking s**t that i had LPG Injection on the "old EB", until i shown them. Some of them said it couldn't work before they seen it working.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

That'd be right, sometimes they just want easy not the extra dollars they could get for bigger jobs :roll:

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
That'd be right, sometimes they just want easy not the extra dollars they could get for bigger jobs :roll:

From all the gas fitters I've spoken with, that would seem to be pretty accurate down here in Vic. Very few interested in doing work they don't normally do. IE Fitting injection systems to car's earlier than either AU's or Ba's. If you plan on keeping the car for the next 5 years or so, an injection system is a good choice, the extra economy will pay for the increased cost over the time period.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fairlane6970 wrote:
Mr negativety you attitude is getting dull, why don't you just tell us all everything we need to know and we can bask in your superiority :roll:

the thing is 'mate' i didn't get negative untill you posted this

fairlane6970 wrote:
Funnily enough my EFI Fairlane doesn't have a carby, so I guess I'll have to try this "crappy" thing :roll: instead of sitting back complaining about everything! :roll:

p.s. I have the flu combined with toothache so pardon my not so friendly mood - at least I'm trying something - yes?

and slick started with d**k comments. Oh how i wish i the brains to come with that little gem. :roll:

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

:lol: Do what you want fairlane6970 but remember to trim & streamline the plastic. there's enough twist & turns on the BBM to dictate manifold vacuum over the special textbook venturi effect of yesteryear's everyone seem to follow. you got nothing to loose but gain more from your curiosity. LOL

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Slick, it arrived today so we'll see what happens, if it works well good if not tickford _6 was right, but hey I'm trying and it only cost $50 ffs! btw mine is a 5.0l V8 so no bbm :D

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Slick wrote:
:lol: Do what you want fairlane6970 but remember to trim & streamline the plastic. there's enough twist & turns on the BBM to dictate manifold vacuum over the special textbook venturi effect of yesteryear's everyone seem to follow. you got nothing to loose but gain more from your curiosity. LOL

i used to think you had half a clue, but that statement has proven otherwise.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next