Fordmods Logo

Show us your gas injection 

Page 6 of 11 [ 164 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Show us your gas injection
Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

jaysway wrote:
thanks for the reply mate.
where is Mick located? you speak to him often?
if you could bump this thread up when he has 8cyl kits available that would be appreciated.
injected gas for the E series v8s would be good if it didn't cost more than what the cars worth.
Be better if you speak to him yourself - my cars are both 6 cyls, so V8 kits are not to the top of my priority list.
Check your PM's.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

Can I post some of mine!!!!LOL.

Jaysway..... There are plenty of injection kits to suit 5L E series falcons...
I have installed a number of 5L's using Eurogas injection and have had nothing but perfect customer satisfaction.

Here's a pic of a EL I did a while back. (please note this is a customised kit with hidden LPG ECU and all brackets custom made to achieve the highest level of neat presentation.)
The Eurogas injection is one of the few systems that are capable of running a modified 5L all the way to redline on LPG. The majority of systems will revert back to petrol or add petrol at high RPM or high loads.

How bout a pic of a hidden, custom install on a BA GT??

This is one I did a while back using JTG liquid injection. Full customised. Hidden injectors, lines and pressure reg. With all wiring and ICU units hidden inside the cabin.
This car also runs a 86L territory donut tank in the boot instead of the normal 68L donut tank used in falcon sedans.
You win alot of bets with this engine bay cause so many people don't believe its on gas......And it makes MORE power than petrol......
Hell I even hid the LPG lines by running them through the chassis rail....

off on a tangent

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

blownba wrote:
Can I post some of mine!!!!LOL.

Jaysway..... There are plenty of injection kits to suit 5L E series falcons...
I have installed a number of 5L's using Eurogas injection and have had nothing but perfect customer satisfaction.

Here's a pic of a EL I did a while back. (please note this is a customised kit with hidden LPG ECU and all brackets custom made to achieve the highest level of neat presentation.)
The Eurogas injection is one of the few systems that are capable of running a modified 5L all the way to redline on LPG. The majority of systems will revert back to petrol or add petrol at high RPM or high loads.

Hi blownba, The setup on that EL is very nice, hardly notice its there.
Im sure there are plenty of injected kits to suit the E series 5L but unfortunately im not willing to spend more than what the typical E series 5L vehicle is worth, and im sure there are many others that feel the same way.
What are the Eurogas injection kits to suit a E series 5L worth nowa days?

cheers

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Those are nice & neat installs with workmanship you don't see very often in the LPG industry. Nice work dude!

I too would love to know what the price of the eurogas kit is!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

How do you clip the lines when you put them in a rail. Regards TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
any car after 2004 must be fitted with an emissions certified kit. so unless the imported part is certified for our australian falcon you can't use it
My understanding is that kit's like mine can be Aust. emissions certified to suit post 2004 cars, but the cost involved is fairly expensive, and the amount of units you'd have to sell wouldn't justify the cost involved.

So what about pre 2004 cars ?? - are there still Aust. emissions stds to meet and they are less stringent, or are there none at all ???

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

snap0964 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
any car after 2004 must be fitted with an emissions certified kit. so unless the imported part is certified for our australian falcon you can't use it
My understanding is that kit's like mine can be Aust. emissions certified to suit post 2004 cars, but the cost involved is fairly expensive, and the amount of units you'd have to sell wouldn't justify the cost involved.

So what about pre 2004 cars ?? - are there still Aust. emissions stds to meet and they are less stringent, or are there none at all ???

As far as i know pre 2004 the rule is if the original engine management had a closed loop operation then the LPG system must also operate in closed loop.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:02 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah thanks.
It actually jogged my memory as I think I have been told or have read that before somewhere.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

It costs about $3000 to test and certify a Gas conversion for emissions compliance. And that is as long as the components already meet A/S 1425. If it fails in Vic you have to rebook and pay again, I think in NSW you can retest the same day. Regards TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Panel Van Man wrote:
It costs about $3000 to test and certify a Gas conversion for emissions compliance. And that is as long as the components already meet A/S 1425. If it fails in Vic you have to rebook and pay again, I think in NSW you can retest the same day. Regards TPVM.

If that is true it would be one of the very "few" things that is better about this state, they would charge you to f@rt if they could.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

The Panel Van Man wrote:
How do you clip the lines when you put them in a rail. Regards TPVM.

Pretty easily. There are a number of open holes in a BA rail. 'Special' rubber insulated 'P' clips do the job when shaped a certain way.
I do realise that even if lines are run inside a chassis rail they still require clips like normal.

off on a tangent

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
The Panel Van Man wrote:
If that is true it would be one of the very "few" things that is better about this state, they would charge you to f@rt if they could.
Bit of a shame the NSW rules aren't adopted Aust wide, this state thing is getting a bit old - nearly 110 years I think.
I remember years ago chasing up dividing fences laws - what a surprise, every state has one, but most of the content is very similar.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
I remember years ago chasing up dividing fences laws - what a surprise, every state has one, but most of the content is very similar.

Grrr fence laws, I wasted two days in court due to furkknuckles fighting over a fence, I was there for a more important mater, but these idiots tied up the courts with childish rubbish over a fence, grrr I would have only wasted a few hours otherwise, even the judge was getting annoyed.

All states should have the same rules and "fee's", and as much as many from other states would hate it, I do believe they should adopt annual inspections, I have lived and stayed in other states, how there has not been more accidents would only because of luck, not good management.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Macca wrote:

All states should have the same rules and "fee's", and as much as many from other states would hate it, I do believe they should adopt annual inspections, I have lived and stayed in other states, how there has not been more accidents would only because of luck, not good management.

couldn't agree with you more. some of the s**t boxes getting around this state is just scary

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Macca wrote:

couldn't agree with you more. some of the s**t boxes getting around this state is just scary

Yeah, so I can worry about maintaining my car once a year. NOT.
More roadside inspection stations would work better.

Member Number 8804

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 11  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next