Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Sledgehammer Fuel System Ultra Treatment
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

I've been looking around for a good fuel system cleaner, which I thought may fix the partially blocked injectors on my NL.

I found this stuff... http://www.run-ritestore.com/-strse-1/s ... Detail.bok

It's from the US. What are your thoughts? Cheers :)

'98 NL Fairlane Ghia 5.0l

Post subject: Re: Sledgehammer Fuel System Ultra Treatment
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Take them out and have cleaned properly, it's the only way to do it right.

Then after that, take it as lesson learned as to why installers tell people to use a tank of fuel every 4 to 6 weeks.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Ok. Thanks for that. The story is I have inherited the Fairlane and it was mostly run on LPG. I'm having it ripped out at the moment. So if it was me, I would have ran it on petrol every 4-6 weeks, as you've mentioned.

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

No more gas? You a rich fella eh?!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:

Lol nah dude... i've had continuous issues with it.. it's awful... some cheap Sprint Gas system... The converter isn't even the right size for the engine... plus it all takes up too much room under the hood :)

Plus I wanted to fully flush the cooling system and didn't want to do it with the converter on.. would have been a waste of new coolant :wink:

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Oh well enjoy the NL! My NF is a daily drive on Sydney freeways (carparks) but better than driving a mighty boy! So its gas for me!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

BJSV8 wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:

Lol nah dude... i've had continuous issues with it.. it's awful... some cheap Sprint Gas system... The converter isn't even the right size for the engine... plus it all takes up too much room under the hood :)

Plus I wanted to fully flush the cooling system and didn't want to do it with the converter on.. would have been a waste of new coolant :wink:

I take it didn't have the OMVL R90E converter then. just the cheap SGA one that is really only for engines up to about 2.5L, the R90E is pretty cheap. and so is the basic lambda unti.

I'm going to sound like jerk right now, BUT

From what i've seen the further south you go the cheaper LPG installs seem to be, But at the same time from what i've had to fix the quality of the installs goes down hill big time.

I've got a 4x4 coming into work next week that is costing about $2000 just to FIX the system.
original install was done in VIC, some clown as put a stainless steel tank under the back of it open to every thing, and second steel tank next to it, no shielding, no hydrostatic T valve, service lines in wheel wells. And thats just of the time bombs i've had to fix.

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
BJSV8 wrote:
fairlane6970 wrote:

I take it didn't have the OMVL R90E converter then. just the cheap SGA one that is really only for engines up to about 2.5L, the R90E is pretty cheap. and so is the basic lambda unti.

I'm going to sound like jerk right now, BUT

From what i've seen the further south you go the cheaper LPG installs seem to be, But at the same time from what i've had to fix the quality of the installs goes down hill big time.

I've got a 4x4 coming into work next week that is costing about $2000 just to FIX the system.
original install was done in VIC, some clown as put a stainless steel tank under the back of it open to every thing, and second steel tank next to it, no shielding, no hydrostatic T valve, service lines in wheel wells. And thats just of the time bombs i've had to fix.

Wow.. Very interesting :) And yes, it's a OMVL R90E... it's awful... My Pop had it fitted in Vic back in 2003... What do I do to have it removed, such as letting Vicroads it's not installed on the car anymore?

I have turned the valve off at the tank and there is no longer any gas in the line to the converter... Would it be safe it remove myself... Looks all easy.. Just a few wires I going in through the firewall under the brake booster and the main gas line along the passenger side running against the firewall and then under the car ?

Cheers.

Oh and what do I do with the gas tank... Btw there is only like 5% in the tank...

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

the R90E is plenty big enough for your engine.

I've got a heap of cars running them, from RB30s to 351 clevos. for warmed over V8s you need to up the first stage pressure and use both vapour outlets and mod the mixer to take two gas feeds but they're easy mods.

I'd say your problems stem from one or more of 4 problems, a rushed bodgy install, poor tune, wrong plugs/gap, converter needs cleaning.

If you really want it gone, get a licensed workshop to do it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]