Fordmods Logo

SPRINT LPG ECU diagnostic access 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: SPRINT LPG ECU diagnostic access
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Hi, I have a SPRINT LPG mixer type system with an AEB-297 ECU. Is it possible to get software & an interface cable for this system? I noticed when I took it to an LPG mechanic recently he was using some sort of DOS application to access the ECU. I don't know how it works or how it plugged in. Any info would be great.

Post subject: Re: SPRINT LPG ECU diagnostic access
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

O-D wrote:
Hi, I have a SPRINT LPG mixer type system with an AEB-297 ECU. Is it possible to get software & an interface cable for this system? I noticed when I took it to an LPG mechanic recently he was using some sort of DOS application to access the ECU. I don't know how it works or how it plugged in. Any info would be great.

Most LPG software & interfaces are really, really, really hard to come by in this country. Need to look further abroad, like towards the EU & UK. That's where I got my gear for my LPG Injection system from.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks Toranaguy,

I thought I'd ask on this Australian forum now because these are the responses I got from the UK people I was talking to:

"AEB 297 is not recognised on the AEB website ( http://www.aeb.it/products ), are you sure that is correct?"

"You may be able to get hold of the software and an interface cable to connect your computer to the gas ECU but I've never come across either for a Sprint system."

"Sprintgas is Australian and "not often seen" in UK. I believe they use rebadged AEB products ; rebadging can involve more than sticky labels, AEB will supply versions that will only work with matching software. That could make diagnostics difficult."

I guess if they are hard to come by in Australia too my chances aren't good. :(

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

If you want to buy from O/S, get the cable and software for the 299.

Other wise, call sprint gas.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks tickford_6.

This is from Sprint:

There are two ways to connect to the AEB295-298 processors:

1. Software (on floppy disk) and connector cable (serial port) for desktop/laptop. (WINDOWS 98 only).
Cost is $335-00 plus GST. Part No: EAEBOE002

2. Hand held programming tool.
Cost is $475-00 plus GST. Part No: EAE215

No other manufacturers tools will communicate.

Not cheap hey! I've come across a diagram on how to make the cable up and I have an old Win98 laptop I could wipe the dust off. What makes you think the 299 software from overseas would work?

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I have just received an AEB Interface connector from the UK and tried the AEB175 software with no luck on my AEB295....

O-D could you share the diagram you have about the cable....

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

ike849 wrote:
I have just received an AEB Interface connector from the UK and tried the AEB175 software with no luck on my AEB295....

O-D could you share the diagram you have about the cable....

Sure, it's from the UK LPG forum. Let me know how you go and if I find some software that works before you do I'll let you know!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

O-D wrote:
What makes you think the 299 software from overseas would work?

Because that what i use.
I bought the multi cable, (usb cable with 4 pin plug to suit the Vapour injection with adapters to plug into all the AEB stuff.
Software is the injection program and the 299 program which will work with all the 29X controllers.
Of note, the basic cable will also work with landi program on the landi injection.

EDIT:
going from what sprintgas told you, It looks as though the stuff that is compatible with XP ect is privy only to installers,

The hand controller is probably the same as what I can get, I won't be back at work until next Thursday to check, but I have the prices for all the 29X stuff written in one of my sprint gas catalogues.

Last edited by tickford_6 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Because that what i use.

I was hoping you were going to say that. :D

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Looks like I might have to replace my AEB-297 because I have a faulty ECU. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement or suggest where I can get the best price on one?

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

A lot of the older sortware says win95 only because it requires direct access to the Serial port hardware. Ive had the programming cable for the Dream, and currently use the programming cable from my Landi LCS2 on my eurogas LPGi

Most installers prefer the handheld units because they work, and win95 isnt common. When I had the LCS2 I used the Dos Software, running on XP, with some customisation of DosShell. That worked - surprised many people including the installers.

XP isnt a good operating software for most of the older/Mixer ring controllers. The controllers arent new tech, but they are robust and work. Everyone has the tools if they need them

Nigel

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]