Fordmods Logo

T/B as Mixer theoretical? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: T/B as Mixer theoretical?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB2 Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Am not far off getting a gas system fitted which will prob be an SVI system but i have been wonderin about the old Simple mixer sytem that i had on my old EB before it was off the road.....We all no the probs with mixers fitted just before the T/B were a restriction causing the power outputs to be lower.....I'm wonderin if/why the T/B itself is'nt used by having a gas fitting installed before the throttle plate....therfore allowing near original/more airflow ...Anyone tried this???? I want to now!!!! Surely the converter would still just supply as the demand is required????

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

How about a GRA throttle body which has the mixer integrated in it?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

True! I was slao thinking those simple mixer have to 'restict' so the convertor will work properly but i'm not 100% on that......Anyone know if this would be correct???

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

BlkEB2 wrote:
True! I was slao thinking those simple mixer have to 'restict' so the convertor will work properly but i'm not 100% on that......Anyone know if this would be correct???

Yes, AFAIK they have to create a venturi in order for the air going into the engine to draw the gas.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:01 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
BlkEB2 wrote:

Yes, AFAIK they have to create a venturi in order for the air going into the engine to draw the gas.

Ye of course but that's what the T/B is....a venturi......I think the restriction size is proportional to the convertor be able to deliver accurate amounts of gas evenly and not just a bit here and alot there.....Am stll very curios now tho!!!

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

My Factory Duel Fuel AU has the mixer ring built into the throttle body.... makes you wonder if they could put a plate in between throttle body and inlet manifold they would of done so... What a great advertising point if they got more power without all the extra tuning they did with different maps for the LPG to get the power/torque back up

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:13 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

True....would like to try that now also! Would prob find the convertor delivery too much as it would be very low pressure between the t/b ......Sureley lighter springs and jetting in the vertor would fix that tho???? Mmmmm think i'll just go for S.V.I ....the old stuffs to old!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

All said and done, youd be surprised how well the IMPCO systems work compared to the mixer rings. In many cases better flow.

Even the GRA System gets an awful amount of restriction due to the internal body.

That said, once youve had injection, youd be hard pressed to go back. now if only the GRA system was available already

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

I had a Impco setup on my previous AU, tickford set up goes better but that probably due to the Duel maps for LPG/Petrol....

My wifes AU we got converted(thanks Mr Howard) and it doesnt have the balls down low but soon as you get above 3000 it gains. That has the mixer ring setup too.

side by side mine pulls away (even tho mine wheelspins) of the line and she catches me just as we both change to second (auto)

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

My old EB cpfi has the gas inlet going into it just above the butter flies of the throttle body.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]