Fordmods Logo

upgrading air intake on dual fuel 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: upgrading air intake on dual fuel
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU falcon Futura

VIC, Australia

Hi, I heard that upgrading the intake snorkel and filter can be a cost effective way to increase fuel efficiency and performance, however I have a dual fuel system (in an AU falcon), where the gas is NOT injected, is it still possible to add the larger snorkel with this system? Also I was thinking about resetting the ECU, is this going to harm the dual fuel set up in any way? (I really have no idea when it comes to these things as you may guess lol)

Post subject: Re: upgrading air intake on dual fuel
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98' el

SA, Australia

well lets put it this way, im i the same boat.. i bought a cold air intake put it on, ran awsome on fuel once i switched it over to gas it stalled... so obviuolsy it was being choked...
so i sold it and then found out later you can put a gas regulator hose or some s**t on there and it cancels out that problem.... butinstead i just put a pod filter on and that went fine......but i have reason to believe that if i then went and put a bigger intake pipe on it would then choke up again..dont quote me on the last bit.. its and assumption..
i hope that helps

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

kk thanks m8, might just steer clear of adding a new intake, not really worth trouble by the sound of things. Might add a better filter tho.

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

jonnyd wrote:
well lets put it this way, im i the same boat.. i bought a cold air intake put it on, ran awsome on fuel once i switched it over to gas it stalled... so obviuolsy it was being choked...
so i sold it and then found out later you can put a gas regulator hose or some s**t on there and it cancels out that problem.... butinstead i just put a pod filter on and that went fine......but i have reason to believe that if i then went and put a bigger intake pipe on it would then choke up again..dont quote me on the last bit.. its and assumption..
i hope that helps

You had not set up the balance line, hence the car stalled....

Member Number 8804

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

MadMatt wrote:
jonnyd wrote:
i hope that helps

You had not set up the balance line, hence the car stalled....

Is that a complicated process?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]