Fordmods Logo

What are the BEST GAS Leads money can buy 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

what moron is going to waste $100+ on new leads and plugs every 6 months?

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

[QUOTE="Rickwell if you have to, you have to

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:53 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

used to have ngk leads but they started backfiring went to some MSD jobbies (the red ones with grey ends) and its all sorted. cost around 100 delivered from ebay, bit exxy but they seem to be doing the job so im happy.

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I have ICE leads with non resistor NGK plugs & can't complain about them at all on my EB. I tried a few brands of leads & plugs, before getting the ICE leads & NGK non resistor plugs, now the eb runs really good.

ICE rebuild my dizzy & supplied all ignition hardware for my Turbo torana project as well.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

to put it simply all ICE leads are 'GAS' leads and really its your plug selection that will be the difference when using there product.

I would be interested in seeing the performance of the top gun's.
As previously stated older gas systems are less efficient there for requiring more maintaince and upkeep ie; changing plugs and leads more regularly.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

[JETEB6] wrote:
to put it simply all ICE leads are 'GAS' leads and really its your plug selection that will be the difference when using there product.

I would be interested in seeing the performance of the top gun's.
As previously stated older gas systems are less efficient there for requiring more maintaince and upkeep ie; changing plugs and leads more regularly.

Well more to the point, the ICE leads are low resistance. I think the plug i'm using atm is a BP5ES, been in the car for about 20k kms now, look close to new. The ICE leads are just as old. That's about 5mths of driving for me. I have a SVI system in my EB, EasyJet, and had minor issues with backfiring/cross firing with resistor plugs & a couple of brands of leads that didn't last me long. No further issues with new plugs & leads.

I wouldn't mind getting a new coil & a booster from ICE too, boosts the coil voltage up a couple of volts & should give a fatter spark. I think the Bosch coil i have on atm will handle upto 16v input anyway. A booster was recommended for my Torana, but i'm yet to get the engine running. Been too busy. Maybe by early next year i'll have it running & see if i need a booster. It's a 173ci red 6cyl, T04B turbo, 440 GRA, ICE custom Electric dizzy, ICE coil, ICE leads & non resistor plugs.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3