What will be my SAVING on FORD FUTURA 2001 on dedicated gas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: What will be my SAVING on FORD FUTURA 2001 on dedicated gas
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:08 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

I m planning to get a Ford Futura 2001 with 240000Km. With RWC, 12 Mon Rego. and 1 yr warranty. Automatic, 85 percent tyres, white colour, Good Body....on Dedicated gas system. It's on sale for $6500.00 (australian dollars) the car is melbourne.

Can any one explain me what savings I will be doing on it.... like how many litres of gas will it give me 100Km....? pls give me a clear calculation or the address who can brief me this problem out.

Whats the maintenance for every servicing and any dramas in near future with gas system...?
I dont want to spend more than the sale price. whats thes suitable price for the given condition...?

thanks,

Post subject: Re: What will be my SAVING on FORD FUTURA 2001 on dedicated gas
Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:39 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

I'd say you'd be saving around 30% on fuel costs compared to 91RON petrol at today's prices based on my LPG calculator. Gas consumption should be in the region of 15L/100km in a light urban environment, rising to maybe 20L/100km in stop-start traffic and dropping to 12L/100km on the open road. Consumption will depend heavily on the condition of the engine (particularly the ignition system) and your driving style.

Maintenance costs are a fraction higher because spark plugs and HT leads require more frequent replacement, and at 240,000km, the LPG converter will probably be on its way out and require replacement soon ($600 a pop!). You will also be up for an LPG tank inspection soon (required every 10 years) and with that kind of mileage behind the vehicle, it wouldn't hurt to do a full engine and transmission service if you choose to buy it.

I would say that you should budget $3000 for the above and allow for a little more due to the age of the car, but once it's serviced, it should serve you reliably for many years to come provided that you service it regularly and replace ignition components BEFORE they wear out (failure to do this will result in backfires that may damage engine components).

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

TAS, Australia

Athesham wrote:
Hi Guys,

I m planning to get a Ford Futura 2001 with 240000Km. With RWC, 12 Mon Rego. and 1 yr warranty. Automatic, 85 percent tyres, white colour, Good Body....on Dedicated gas system. It's on sale for $6500.00 (australian dollars) the car is melbourne.

Can any one explain me what savings I will be doing on it.... like how many litres of gas will it give me 100Km....? pls give me a clear calculation or the address who can brief me this problem out.

Whats the maintenance for every servicing and any dramas in near future with gas system...?
I dont want to spend more than the sale price. whats thes suitable price for the given condition...?

thanks,

That is ridiculously over priced. $6500??

Posted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bud that car is a rip off like thepistonhead said and id be running away from it.

PoweredByCNG is spot on and has alot of LPG expierence and i do have a suggestion for u and strongly recomend u to do this. Buy urself a well maintained AU with lowest kms possible for ur budget then convert it to gas as its a brand new install with warranty.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Vehicle of that ages should be around the $4K mark with more kays on it as well.
That's what i got for my AUII EGAS XLS ute as a trade in. And that was a well maintained vehicle as well. Plus the utes hold their value better than the sedans.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Mechan1k wrote:
Vehicle of that ages should be around the $4K mark with more kays on it as well.
That's what i got for my AUII EGAS XLS ute as a trade in. And that was a well maintained vehicle as well. Plus the utes hold their value better than the sedans.

You will always get less for a trade in vs: private sale.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

SA, Australia

It sounds a bit to much for me... I would look around a bit more and get the feel for what prices are going for.. $6500 sounds a bit high, you can get a BA for that money these days in resonable nick.... Even if you buy a AU then convert to LPG it would be a better option (and have duel fuel)..

Dont get me wrong I love my BA Egas, I think its a great car but sometimes having the duel fuel option would be nice.... But I got mine cheap cos it was an Xcab and have never looked back... It has been a great car so far...

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Based on what the redbook.com.au site has to say about the valuation of the car your looking at, it's about $1000 - $2000 overpriced based on age and mileage.

Running on LPG will give you good savings if you keep it tuned with a good ignition system as other's have advised. Offer the guy $4500 for the car, at most $5000. If he won't take that, walk away, plenty of better deals to be had.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford

VIC, Australia

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much all for your sincere advises.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Athesham wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much all for your sincere advises.

It's been a while, I hope you didn't pay the asking price for that car!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]