Fordmods Logo

Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay 

 

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
It's not great for power tho, has a limit of 200kw or so iirc.

The installer I have been chatting with about installing injection has a mega gas injection system installed on his BF XR6T and only lost 2rwkw on the dyno. He also said it can be installed on my NF.


xr-lane what sorta dosh u looking at for the convo?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:24 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

For the mega gas injection system?

he said it would cost $4000 to $4500 to have it installed. But been trying to get the kit from him for 2.5k or there abouts and install it myself.

I dont have a clue how to wire up the ecu that comes with the system but have a friend that can help me out with that.

Have to drill and tap holes into the BBM next to each injector to install the gas injectors, witch would be the most pain in the a** parts about the install. I hate taking off the BBM :P

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

MadMatt wrote:
This arrived in the post today......


Is that everything that came with it? Do you use your existing converter with this kit?

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2644

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

Location: Mount Annan
NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
MadMatt wrote:
This arrived in the post today......


Is that everything that came with it? Do you use your existing converter with this kit?

Don't think they use a convertor, it liquid vapour injection.

 

_________________

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

twason wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
MadMatt wrote:
This arrived in the post today......


Is that everything that came with it? Do you use your existing converter with this kit?

Don't think they use a convertor, it liquid vapour injection.


Liquid , not liquid vapor :P

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

besides liquid injection uses a pump inside the tank, so you need a special tank specially built for that application. So if that kit if a liquid injection kit, it would be missing alot of the parts required.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:15 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 243

Joined: 18th Sep 2007

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Ummm... From what I can see, that's not a liquid injection system. It is a GAS injection system and probably one I wouldn't touch with a forty foot barge pole.

Regards,
Dave

 

_________________

2005 VZ Commodore SV6 with OMVL Dream XXI SVI LPG
2004 BA Falcon XT with Orbital Liquid LPG Injection
2004 BA Falcon XR6 with icom JTG Liquid LPG Injection

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

twason wrote:
Talk to any gas installer first. AFAIK gas injection has a big relience on the petrol ECU being Sequential and not Batch injection. You may have problems running it from an EF as its batch injection.



This is true however it's possible to run these systems with some effort, that is ones designed for sequential injection only. My EF has injected gas (Dream XXI) and with specialist tuning runs better than any traditional system I've driven. But it has no hope of running out of the box, or out of the average installers tuning effort.. Auto calibration attempts wont work for example.

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG injection front end kit from?
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

Bug wrote:
twason wrote:
Talk to any gas installer first. AFAIK gas injection has a big relience on the petrol ECU being Sequential and not Batch injection. You may have problems running it from an EF as its batch injection.



This is true however it's possible to run these systems with some effort, that is ones designed for sequential injection only. My EF has injected gas (Dream XXI) and with specialist tuning runs better than any traditional system I've driven. But it has no hope of running out of the box, or out of the average installers tuning effort.. Auto calibration attempts wont work for example.


u got any pics of the install?

have u had your car dynoed with those mods....be interesting to compare it to other more conventional systems in terms of power

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

There's one pic in my gallery which shows the injectors at least, I could take another.

I have not got it dyno'd. The figures probably wouldn't be high though as these types of injection systems can't deliver at high rpm, however they are able to cut back to petrol seamlessly when under load. At around 4500 just as you start to feel the power rolling off it switches and surges ahead on petrol, then falls back. The switch is amazingly transparent though considering the revs.

At lower rpm I find it hard to distinguish the power difference and the throttle is just as sharp too. They do make injected systems that can flow enough for high power/forced induction, but they're not cheap.

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

Bug wrote:
There's one pic in my gallery which shows the injectors at least, I could take another.

I have not got it dyno'd. The figures probably wouldn't be high though as these types of injection systems can't deliver at high rpm, however they are able to cut back to petrol seamlessly when under load. At around 4500 just as you start to feel the power rolling off it switches and surges ahead on petrol, then falls back. The switch is amazingly transparent though considering the revs.

At lower rpm I find it hard to distinguish the power difference and the throttle is just as sharp too. They do make injected systems that can flow enough for high power/forced induction, but they're not cheap.


hey bug who did your install and how long ago? sprint gas are the omvl dream 21 distributor arnt they?

what would be the three major systems for vapour injection on the market? there seems to be alot of these smaller euro brands (i found an ef with some russian svi on it - wasnt going to touch that!).....i know of OMVL and impco/brc but what are others to consider (will only look at systems that have broad industry support not interested in the more obscure stuff that only 1 or 2 fitters are familiar with.....want to be able to go into any lpg installer and have them be comfortable tuning it...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

Well OMVL/BRC are prob the two big ones. OMVL are used heavily in taxis, or at least were at the time I got mine in 2 years ago. I suspect there is a lot of re-branding when it comes to the smaller systems. Sprint Gas are the OMVL distributors and were the ones who eventually tuned my system to work. The installer who put it in had no chance and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone as it took many months and several hundred $ in diagnosis to get the system to work, despite the equipment being fine from the outset. Sprint Gas official policy on Dream systems into non sequential engines (pre Au) is they don't do it. Although when they tuned mine they mechanic said it goes like the clappers and commented that they might have to rethink that policy. The market volume would be too low though in reality. But it does show these systems can work.

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

Bug wrote:
Well OMVL/BRC are prob the two big ones. OMVL are used heavily in taxis, or at least were at the time I got mine in 2 years ago. I suspect there is a lot of re-branding when it comes to the smaller systems. Sprint Gas are the OMVL distributors and were the ones who eventually tuned my system to work. The installer who put it in had no chance and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone as it took many months and several hundred $ in diagnosis to get the system to work, despite the equipment being fine from the outset. Sprint Gas official policy on Dream systems into non sequential engines (pre Au) is they don't do it. Although when they tuned mine they mechanic said it goes like the clappers and commented that they might have to rethink that policy. The market volume would be too low though in reality. But it does show these systems can work.


yeah im looking to find an installer that is willing to do things that arnt just straigh-out kits....eg i want to run an impco 425 mixer on an I6 AU but the only kits ive seen have 200 mixers....pretty hard to find them when theyre already making plenty money out of standard conversions

hey bug what other sites do u recommend thatt have a good LPG forum like this one?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

ashcook wrote:
I'm not sure if this is very helpful to the information you are chasing but I have been buying my Impco 425's out of the states through one specific ebay seller. He has been very helpful and does a lot of Impco gear.

This is ebay store. Shoot him an email and ask him what you want. The way the dollar is at the moment too, its good buying.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Nash-Lif ... QQ_armrsZ1


its more of a problem finding an installer that will fit it rather than actually getting the hardware...

ash whats the injection system u fitting to the territory....do you anticipate having issues with the installer

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Where to buy a LPG inj. front end kit from? I got 1 off Ebay
Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

gogetta wrote:
yeah im looking to find an installer that is willing to do things that arnt just straigh-out kits....eg i want to run an impco 425 mixer on an I6 AU but the only kits ive seen have 200 mixers....pretty hard to find them when theyre already making plenty money out of standard conversions

hey bug what other sites do u recommend thatt have a good LPG forum like this one?



http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/ is prob the best one I know of.

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:26 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names