The New Zealand classic moving house 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: The New Zealand classic moving house
Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Right - This guy hit 120 km/h on straights and was still doing 100 around some corners with little or no visability and ... Well... Mate, NZ is just bloody classic...

Watch the U-TUBE Image
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=Hei0yBhBqjI

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:44 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

was there a pilot lead vehicle?

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Not that we could see, but you would have thought so... Must have been... But some of those cars coming the other way were still doing 100 odd themselves and hitting the anchors and pulling over pretty quick.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RhaeC-lEF ... re=related This one is from some tourist who had pulled over already, so this one would have had a pilot miles ahead. Only few times I've been involved with moving houses we had a pilot vehicle, and the truck driver was spewing as we told him the house was 12m wide spot on and we knew it was 12.3 with the guttering and he somehow made it between the cliffs and the barriers to the cliff down to the lake anyway. We did loose some guttering and a little section of porch along the route, but house was pretty easily fixed...

I guess the pilot was miles too far ahead, or had already reached the turn off so people coming the other way hadn't really paid attention or something. Was funny as to be honest. Just after this we got back up to 110km/h on a wide straight and there were articulated trucks ducking and diving onto the verge.

One time in Christchurch I was on a bus and the Samoan bus driver had had a bad day... Anyways, I found it quite fun and hid down the back as he smashed his way through town. Honestly - if there were two rows of cars at a red light, he would drive down the middle smashing them all out the way and then sit and wait for the green before driving through at 50km/h... One poor courier van was parked on a bus stop - actually - I'm more concerned about the poor peoples packages as the van body was pretty much cut from aft to front and was now below the upturned wheels... Now, THAT was the most crazy trip on public transport ever. Wierd thing is - No one screamed or anything, they all just sat silently and pushed the buzzer to get off. When the next bus stop come up, the driver stopped, opened the doors, everyone got off - bar me, who moved backwards a few seats. Not that I was that interested in the carnage, I was more interested in getting to my destination which was kilometre or so past the very last stop. This guy knocked over traffic signs, light posts, wiped out so many cars at lights I lost count and when I pushed the buzzer to get off at the very last stop, he pulled over, opened the doors, offered me a lift further down the road (politely declined) and then turned the bus around and sat there waiting for the correct time to start his return journey.

The bus had not one straight panel, there were side windows missing from where he'd tried to bounce a rubbish truck out his way at a roundabout and not one single light was attached and / or working.

No, that, although amazing, is a far cry from this guy hitting 120km/h with a bloody house in tow.

There were a couple of close calls, but probably just because the drivers coming the other way had thought they knew better than the pilot vehicle (if it did actually exist) or had very slow reaction times - Or, just plainly refused to move out of their lane until they realised playing chicken with a moving house was pointless.

The look on some drivers faces as they dropped off the road verge was priceless....

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Hahaha thats awesome. If your going to move a house, you may aswell do it in style, and with speed.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]