Fordmods Logo

AIT EA ghia. Complianced turbo EA. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: AIT EA ghia. Complianced turbo EA.
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

This is a complianced turbo EA fairmont ghia. It was originally turbocharged as a dealer option with an AIT turbo kit and has a compliance plate to show this. Unfortunately the turbo kit was sold a long time ago but there are other AIT cars who have passed a RWC fitted with a T04z, external gate etc so this would be a good start for a legal turbo project.

Im selling because I just bought an EF as a daily and want to mod the maverick further. Will swap for a hi mount winch and front and rear air lockers to suit a GQ :P

I really dont want to wreck this out because I think its too good to throw away so I want to sell it whole and asap because I have no room.

AIT EA ghia. Complianced turbo EA.

Features:
-Tremec TR3550 with a custom hydraulic clutch setup,
-Custom AIT instrument cluster with a 260km/hr speedo,
-bilstein shocks,
-King springs in the rear, blue springs in the front (dunno what brand they are.) It sits nice,
-Reconditioned EF radiator and matching thermofans. Ill throw in an EA radiator as well. Rad has done about 500 kms.
-tight 2.92 LSD. The housing looks freshly painted so it could have been reconditioned not long ago.
-electric windows.
-EB2 fairmont interior including seats, door trims, all plastics, roof lining and the dash.
-Electric sunroof.
-Short motor with matching numbers. Im pretty sure I have all of the accessories. You would need a head and cam to put the engine back together.
-450 * 300 * 75 tube and fin intercooler painted black on one side.
-Its rolling on 15 inch stockies with decent tread.
-Tinted windows.
-New pads and slotted rotors fitted 2000kms ago.

Problems:

-The parcel shelf has been cut out by previous owners.
-The roof lining needs to be finished off because I got halfway through putting a new one in and dont have time to finish it. The sunroof hole has been half cut out and needs to be finished off. It looks bad atm.
-The upper plastics need to be fitted once the roof lining is done.
-The transmission loom is missing so the speedo doesnt work and the reverse lights stay on. I accidently threw it out and havent replaced it yet.
-Dent in drivers side front quarter from one of my 4wd tyres falling on it.
-The battery was in the boot so there is no battery tray in the engine bay. I have removed the battery to boot wiring so you need to do something about the battery so it can run obviously.
-Short motor isnt fitted.
-The ECU and engine loom isnt fitted atm. The other looms are all standard factory ones so its a plug in job.

If I had the time I would put the car back to standard with a log manifold and 3540 then sell it but I cbf and have no room at home. I dont really want to wreck the car and have it crushed either.

Pick up only, bring a trailer.

$2500 as above.
$3500 including an adaptronic e420c ECU. This is configured to suit a BA motor so will need some rewiring to make it work with a SOHC motor.
$4000 with a BA motor and ECU fitted. Can show it running. It will start and run but I would recommend towing it home until it is tuned properly. To complete the conversion the cams need to be sorted out and it needs a final tune.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

SO 4k for a running twincam EA. Will think about it, but is a long way to go to tow it to Sydney
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah its a long way.

Im going to start wrecking this car later this week so if anyone is interested in the rolling shell or the car without the gearbox and conversion for less money then let me know and we can work out a cheaper price.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]