EOI - AU Custom Cold Air Induction 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EOI - AU Custom Cold Air Induction
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU XR6 5spd, XY 351

NSW, Australia

Those of you who have looked at the AU SS inductions have probably thought the same this as I did. It is not much better than the $30 Tickford snorkel, however is priced over ten times that. I sourced a BA SS inductions Kit and modified it to fit the AU airbox and engine bay. This uses a much larger "widemouth" snorkel and also uses a very large opening into the airbox. The opening of the snorkel extends all the way across the front grill.
There are also two aluminium deflector plates placed under the snorkel to force air up from the grill into the mouth of the snorkel.

This kit was $380. I also have a K&N filter ($150) and a 3" pipe installed from the airbox to eliminate the small airbox exit hole.

If someone was interested I could swap them over with the standard airbox on the day of pickup to make things easy.

I'll prob be asking about $250 for the whole lot installed if someone was interested.

Any feedback would be good.

Cheers,
Matt

P.S. I tried to attach pictures however I kept getting errors with th uploads. PM me and I can e-mail you pictures if interested.

Oversteer - The only way to steer

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]