Fordmods Logo

EOI: It's Performance stage 4 engine 175rwkw 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

NSW, Australia

the cresent dyno is different to other...hyena and fordfreak both produced very similar numbers to each other last year... for both motors coming from the same supplier but had different config which neither for stage 5 motors they still got around about 150rwkw which still isnt that bad....

rpd cars on that day that only had camds for i can recall only got as high as 135-140.....which is about 10rwkw down on other dyno's...

this car is awesome in the flesh though...the colour..the kit..its a great car! and a lot of experience has come from its owner

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:07 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

*cough* 143RWKW thank you. RPD'd EL Hybrid on Joe's dyno.

Had the privilege/surprise of being beaten by Jase's Falcon in my at the time brand new GT-P. The BOSS has loosened up and picked up a lot more power now.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

wats 3kw....geez let up a little...

and theres a video of u gettin ur a*** handed to u if i remember rightly on te last trip to bathurst

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

Pulco wrote:
wats 3kw....geez let up a little...

and theres a video of u gettin ur a*** handed to u if i remember rightly on te last trip to bathurst

YES i remember that, was hilarious, 6 vs 8, 6 wins =p.
Damn would love to know how much you want for this engine jay, looking for an engine to go with the T5 i'm getting next week.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:59 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Wasn't handed to me, there was a mini van (or something) in my way. But anyway, it's definitely a respectable car, both in performance and looks.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:16 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

I'm not trying to start a s**t storm or anything, but I get the feeling facts are being left out.

I could be interested, but I'd like to know exactly what has been wrong with this engine (orig post neglected to inform us that it had a f**k exhaust valve spring? - And it's not even fixed yet?).

How many rwkw's this motor actually has, and how many it will have when put into another car.

175rwkw's in 2004 and 143rwkw's is a decent drop, why?

I highly doubt the dyno was that far out of tune that it dropped 32kw's..

If I can get straight answers, a ball-park figure, and some proof to go with the answers (dated dyno sheets, reciepts for work and repairs done, etc)
I could be very interested.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

[HMASEL] wrote:
I'm not trying to start a s**t storm or anything, but I get the feeling facts are being left out.

I could be interested, but I'd like to know exactly what has been wrong with this engine (orig post neglected to inform us that it had a f**k exhaust valve spring? - And it's not even fixed yet?).

How many rwkw's this motor actually has, and how many it will have when put into another car.

175rwkw's in 2004 and 143rwkw's is a decent drop, why?

I highly doubt the dyno was that far out of tune that it dropped 32kw's..

If I can get straight answers, a ball-park figure, and some proof to go with the answers (dated dyno sheets, reciepts for work and repairs done, etc)
I could be very interested.

i dont know the difference why the difference in output was...but as i said fordfreak ef only got about 150 and so did hyena... both have hand a lot higher output before and from memory that have both run close quarter times which is more proof to wat these engines produce!

i just had a look and it is only .01 of a seoond between the 2! so... thats f**k all really

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I don't know why the variation in dyno's myself but it's a well known fact that they can vary a s**t between them. As Pulco said fordfreak has a very similar motor, infact he has a bigger cam and aftermarket ecu so his should be a bit better. On the same dyno on the same day we were only a few kw apart, and more importantly, in the real world out ET's down the quarter are within 0.01s and that could easily come down to the driver, conditions etc.

I will say this though, some days the car goes harder than others, but the stock ECU is to blame for that

There's been similar debates about jim mock gear and their claimed 170kw dev 5 kits only putting out 150 odd. Again though in the real world they're turning out very similar quarters.

There's no guarentee you'll be winning every dyno comp in the land, and with an auto you'll get a bit less out the back obviously but in an E series manual with a 3.45 LSD this will do you a low 14 quarter

Anyway, thanks for the interest guys. As I said I'd much rather sell the car complete so I'm just gauging interest at this stage and I really don't have a figure in mind for the head/engine until I start getting offers for the car

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I pulled 180RWKW on JMM dyno and then the next day pulled 157RWKW on the dyno at APS.

Go figure :)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hyena wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the interest guys. As I said I'd much rather sell the car complete so I'm just gauging interest at this stage and I really don't have a figure in mind for the head/engine until I start getting offers for the car

How low you willing to go for the car jay? PM me if you dont want anyone to see/hear. Am interested as i want a new car.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

lookin to break that 100rwkw at scott? nice

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
lookin to break that 100rwkw at scott? nice

Chances are ive done that already, pretty much solved the computer issue with my car, and got pacies, and modded intake, so hopefully when it gets redynoed it should go better.
Just looking into engines now, i'll most likely end up rebuilding an au or el engine with some oodies inside.

Low, loud and Slow

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2